Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Scratched Wheel - Ugh! Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350 4MATIC
Unhappy Scratched Wheel - Ugh! Any suggestions?

I made the bonedheaded move of trying to park my new CLK 430 a little too close to the curb and ended up scratching the rear wheel. The scratch is fairly minor, but VERY noticable to me. Can anyone give me some suggestions about how to get rid of the scratch or make it less noticable? Short of buying a new wheel of course!

It's the only flaw on a beautiful car, so any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2002, 11:16 AM

1999 E430
You have a few options depending on how bad the scratch is and how much you want to spend/repair it. If it is a minor scratch you can use scratch remover and remove small belmishes, I am assuming you have standard wheels and they are clear coated. This works OK, especially if the scratch has a black mark in it. After that you can wet sand and apply clear coat by hand. I tried this and god mixed results, better than it was, but not as good as new. You can also have a wheel repair shop fix the wheel and it will look like new, but this can be costly and inconvenient depending on where you live.

If this is a daily driver I would use the scratch remover and get it as good as you can and unfortunaltely live with the fact that these things sometimes happen when you drive the cars...
Old 02-25-2002, 09:41 AM

2010 GLK350 4MATIC
Thanks, ChimpWare. I appreciate the suggestions. Will probably pick up some scratch remover today and give it a shot. I know it probably won't look new again, but hopefully it will look less noticeable.

Thanks again.