Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Wash Your Car Like a Poor Boy!

Old 07-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 S550
Wash Your Car Like a Poor Boy!

In today's day and age, the word "premium" is excessively added onto the labels and descriptions of products and services that show no relative sign of being premium whatsoever. Whether we're talking about a crescent wrench at a gas station or a set of floor mats at a grocery store, premium is often used to describe products that simply aren't deserving of the title. Being classified as premium should only be reserved for products that perform exceptionally well at their intended use, or as I like to call, the good stuff. It's ironic that products I often refer to as the good stuff aren't considered premium by their respective manufacturer, even if they are deserving of the title.

Enter Poorboy's World Polishing & Detailing Products. Poorboy's World is recognized and respected for manufacturing a complete line of car care products that do one thing exceptionally well, and that's make the paint on your car shine, the chrome on your wheels glisten, and the suppleness of your leather to remain intact, all without a marketing fuss. Car care products manufactured by Poorboy's World simply work really, really good. Poorboy's World has a very loyal following and for good reason.

Last weekend was the first time I washed my car in almost three weeks. Between the storm on the other side of the state and the fact that Meghan often chains me to my desk and forgets about me, I simply didn't have time to show my Honda how much I appreciate every one of the 202,000 miles it has given me over the last five years. It needed a bath, but it also needed a good shine. Poorboy's World Super Slick & Wax Shampoo and a Quick Detailer Plus were the obvious choice.

3 weeks worth of dirt and road grime

The solution

What makes Poorboy's Super Slick & Wax different from other shampoos? Poorboy's took an already outstanding shampoo, Super Slick & Suds and fused it with real carnauba wax to provide a "just waxed" shine. This is the perfect wash if you don't have time to follow up with a spray wax during your normal wash routine. The carnauba wax found in Super Slick & Wax is compatible with all waxes and sealants.

Super Slick & Wax is highly concentrated and only requires 1 oz. per 2 gallons of water. It's of a very thick viscosity and like every other car care product manufactured by Poorboy's World, it smells wonderful.

Luxury in a bucket!

After adding 1.5 ounces of Super Slick & Wax to 3 gallons of water and giving it a strong blast of water, I was overwhelmed with suds. These suds also lasted throughout the entire wash.

But is it super slick?

Absolutely. Super Slick & Wax provides a level of lubricity and slickness that were once reserved for shampoos costing twice as much. Then again, not many shampoos in this price range even provide real carnauba wax so I can't say that I'm surprised.

My wash mitt of choice, the Gold Plush Micro-Chenille, glided effortlessly across the surface. Only two or three passes per panel was all that was needed.

The ultimate test

Finding a shampoo with wax that rinses freely is like trying to find a super model that's not high-maintenance. Sure, they exist, you just have to look in the right place.

As if I hadn't been surprised enough by now, Super Slick & Wax rinsed freely and didn't leave a film on the paint or the glass.

Let there be light!

Even after countless meetings with Max trying to negotiate the add-on of a 2 bedroom apartment to Autogeek's Show Car Garage, he still hasn't given in so when I wash my car where I currently reside, I'm stuck in the sun. This means a drying aid is almost always needed to avoid swearing profusely and irritating the neighbors every time I wash my car because I can't avoid water spots.

Like every other aspect of car care, Poorboy's World has a solution and it's called Quick Detailer Plus. Quick Detailer Plus is a quick detail spray on steroids. It contains real carnauba wax along with super slick polymers designed to safely lift dust and dirt while providing a high level of shine and slickness. Use it on your vehicle's paint, headlights, glass and wheels. You name it and it will make it slick and shiny.

Drying made easy

Using a drying aid such as Poorboy's World Quick Detailer Plus is simple: Spray Quick Detailer Plus on a panel as you dry with a Cobra Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying Towel. Flip your drying towel over to a dry side and give it a light buff once the panel is dry. Using a drying aid reduces the chance of water spots while increasing shine and slickness on all treated surfaces.

Not much money, but is there a shine?

While I have experience with both Super Slick & Wax and Quick Detailer Plus, I've never used the two together until now. I was very pleased with the level of shine and slickness that was so evident on my paint and glass after using Super Slick & Wax paired with Quick Detailer Plus.

If you're an advocate of keeping car care and detailing simple, take a look at the products offered by Poorboy's World. Nothing fancy-shmancy, just good old-fashioned value and extreme shine!

Poorboys World Polishing & Detailing Products

Poorboys Super Slick & Wax Car Shampoo

Poorboy’s World Quick Detailer PLUS QD+
Old 07-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2010 S550
If anyone is interested in picking up a bottle of Super Slick & Wax, QD+, a 20 x 40 Guzzler and a Gold Plush Wash Mitt, I've put together a kit that contains all of the above for only $43.99 - that's more than a 20% savings off retail price!

This will be for a very limited time and you must call me to order it. 1-800-869-3011 ext 215

Old 08-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2010 S550
Alright guys and gals, I was able to pull some strings and put together an awesome VIP Special that is all about Poorboy's World! This week's VIP Special (valid through Friday, August 10th) is the Poorboy's World Favorite Five Collection!

The Poorboy’s World Favorite Five Collection includes five of our favorite Poorboy’s World detailing products at an exceptional value. The Poorboy’s World Favorite Five Collection includes a host of essential accessories to get you started including several microfiber towels, various applicators and a plush wash mitt. If you’re fanatical about keeping your car looking its best and don’t want to spend a ton of money doing so, the Poorboy’s World Favorite Five Collection is for you. Not much money but boy what a shine!

Kit includes:
  • Super Slick & Wax Shampoo
  • Black Hole Show Glaze
  • Quick Detailer PLUS
  • EX-P Pure Sealant
  • Natty's Paste Wax BLUE
  • 3 Microfiber Clean & Buff Towels
  • 2 Microfiber Applicators
  • 3 Polyfoam Wax Applicators
  • Gold Plush Micro Chenille Wash Mitt

A total retail value of $131.86 - VIP Special for only $89.99!

This is only valid through Friday, August 10th.

VIP Special - Poorboy's World Favorite Five Collection!