Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Cat scratch fever!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Cat scratch fever!!

Well...I knew it wouldn't take long to happen.....scratches on my hood!!

This happened to me with my 1999 CLK430. My girlfriend has outdoor cats at her house. Everytime I go and visit her in cool weather the damn cats jump up on my hood and sleep there. When I come out to leave they run off the hood....claws and all!!

What can be done about these fine scratches.....will my simonize 5 warranty cover this?? waxing didn't seem to help on my old car, but that was a lease and I didn't care...never got charged for it. Now I own this baby and hate having it scratched up. You really can't see them unless you look at certain angles. Sorry...no pic...yet.

I already know someone is going to say...shoot the cats!! believe me I've already contemplated this...but I think my girlfriend wouldn't like that too much.

Thanks for lending an ear!!
Old 07-23-2003, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Dump the girl friend or stop getting black cars!!! U could try meguiars scratch-x... that is probably ur best solution, there is only a number of times u can polish out scratches till u have no paint left. Something to think about.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Can't dump the girlfriend....I love that booty!!! And she gives good helmet!!

But as for the scratches...I think I will just live with them as I did with my CLK430. They weren't noticable until you got really close to the hood.
Thanks....maybe the simonize-5 warranty will help me out of this mess....yeah right!
Old 07-23-2003, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Tell the woman to dump the annoying cats, or at least lock them up good when you're there. I HATE those stupid cats. They're always doing that in the winter time. They also like to ***** in my backyard too. If I see them on the street in my cheap car I will hit the gas pedal. Damn cats!!!