Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

** Lamborghini Murcielago - 60k mile Restoration!! **

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 04:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever it is, it's probably dirty.
** Lamborghini Murcielago - 60k mile Restoration!! **

Yes, that's right, a 60,000 mile Murcielago!

This Rosso Andromeda Murcielago was prepared to display in the 2013 Philadelphia International Auto Show, my fourth consecutive year preparing vehicles for display, as some will remember the Spyker C8 Spyder I took down last year!

Needing some attention, as the owner thoroughly and rightfully enjoys his vehicle, we got to work approximately 2-3 weeks before the roll in. Addressing things like the aged window tint, replaced by our good friends at Shades of Gray. Then refinishing the curbed wheels to a darker more aggressive color, to tie in the tint as well. Then after 30+ hours of detail work, I corrected, polished, fine polished and ceramic coated this finish to give it a much younger appearance. Being one of my favorite cars, and the fourth Murcielago body I've worked on (LP640 included) I was elated to do another!

On to the pictures!

Here is a side profile of the Murcielago when it arrived, after being tinted, before any wheel refinishing or detail work had commenced.

Some close ups of the wheel damage to be repaired, and the original color of the LP640 Hermera wheels that took place of the original Speedline wheels.

A close up of the new color, which is actually a Ford paint code, Sterling Silver Metallic

Center Caps perfectly color matched and cleared

Finished photos of the new color and no more rash or defects! (The tires were left on due to a time sensitive manner for the show and minimize contact with the new finish was vital, even with heat treating the wheels to cure the paint)

Now that the new thirty percent tint was applied, and the wheels refinished, and back on the vehicle, the detail work was able to commence. The paint condition before hand, will be shown below, followed by some 50/50 photos. Nearly 30 hours went into the paint alone on this vehicle!

Before and after of the front driver fender

50/50 snaps

Finished paint in sunlight!

Some gloss and reflection photos before the finished profile photos

Finished overall snaps, mix of doors up and down

On the trailer headed to the Auto Show!

and an awesome shot of the Murcie' at the show by my good friend Jon

Thanks for looking! This car was a blast, as was the other cars we prepared for the show.

Any and all feedback welcome and appreciated!

Nick Oakes
Old 02-20-2013, 04:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Oh wow...nice nice work Nick!