Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

tree sap?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 02:29 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tree sap?

Hey guys,

Recently, i found this really sticky, syrupy stuff on my car.. It seems like tree sap or something...however, there is a lot of it.. I was wondering if any of you can verify that it is tree sap? I dont think i ever had tree sap bein on my car.. Is it common for a good amount of tree sap to be on ur car, or do you usually find like a "dab" or two??

If it is, do you have any good ways to remove this??

Thanks guys,

j
Old 08-28-2003, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, C32, ML320
Sounds like tree sap. On my ML, I used bug and tar remover. Since then I've avoided parking under trees. It's nasty stuff. Luckily the only thing I've had to deal with on my C32 is the occasional bird dropping...
Old 08-28-2003, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: tree sap?

Originally posted by AMG-UNIT
Hey guys,

Recently, i found this really sticky, syrupy stuff on my car.. It seems like tree sap or something...however, there is a lot of it.. I was wondering if any of you can verify that it is tree sap? I dont think i ever had tree sap bein on my car.. Is it common for a good amount of tree sap to be on ur car, or do you usually find like a "dab" or two??

If it is, do you have any good ways to remove this??

Thanks guys,

j
u should get that off ASAP. Yes it is tree sap, if you leave it on there it will be next to impossible to remove it. Use rubbing alcohol or bug and tar remover with an MF towel or cotton cloth.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
on my dad's ML and audi, there is sap all over it. Some of it is nearly impossible to remove or takes a lot of force and rubbing...any suggestions Al? We don't have any other choice but to park it under the tree right now. In the fall, winter and spring it's fine, but summer is the worst for the sap in the tree to run. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 CLK 500 cab
Try rubbing alcohol. It's way more efffective than bug and tar remover for tree sap, even when the sap has been baked dry by the sun.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 CLK 500 cab
You'll have to re-wax afterwards, which is going to be a pain if the only parking spot is under a tree. Have you thought about a car cover?