Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Wax as u dry vsquick detail sprays

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 11:45 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
Wax as u dry vs quick detail sprays

Has anyone used the Eagle 1 wax as u dry on a dark color? How does it compare to a quick detail spray? I certainly would not use either in place of normal wax but I like to keep the smooth feeling on the paint after washing, I normally use a quick spray but saw this stuff and it looks as if it may save some extra time as you apply it to a wet car and then just dry.

Thanks

Last edited by RJC; 08-31-2003 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-31-2003, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: Wax as u dry vs quick detail sprays

Originally posted by RJC
Has anyone used the Eagle 1 wax as u dry on a dark color? How does it compare to a quick detail spray? I certainly would not use either in place of normal wax but I like to keep the smooth feeling on the paint after washing, I normally use a quick spray but saw this stuff and it looks as if it may save some extra time as you apply it to a wet car and then just dry.

Thanks
man u a really all about slick feeling paint, hehe. I really think you should give Zaino a try as it is probably the slickest wax/paint sealant i have ever used. But EO wax as you dry is basically a quick wax job. I have personally never used it so I do not know how slick it leaves the finish. I do know that Eagle one WET wipe'n'shine really leaves a slick finish if used after a wash. I say give that a shot if you havent already used it.
Old 08-31-2003, 03:25 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

I bought the product, just want to be sure it works OK on black before I try it.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:44 AM
Guest0001

Re: Re: Wax as u dry vs quick detail sprays

Originally posted by AlBoston
I do know that Eagle one WET wipe'n'shine really leaves a slick finish if used after a wash. I say give that a shot if you havent already used it.
so you give this stuff a thumbs up

i was really thinking about getting some since i am very lazy.

so can i subsitute this for quick detailer after a wash or what?

thanks!
Old 09-01-2003, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally posted by RJC
I bought the product, just want to be sure it works OK on black before I try it.
I don't know about black but it leaves some dull spots on my Azure Blue after I dry it. I'm guessing it is just a heavier buildup that didn't dilute or spread very well but a shot of your favorite QD fixes it though. Come to think of it, everytihng leaves a dull haze on this car

PS My convertable top doesn't repel water like it used to since using these wash'n'wax products. Funny, because I thought it would repel better afterward..
Old 09-01-2003, 01:40 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

You really should not use soap on the conv. top very often, a strong spray of water is best for most washes, you can buy a convertible top dressing from MB or a parts store that will restore the beading.

If all the products you're using are causing a haze maybe your towels have been washed with fabric softner or dried with dryer sheets? I was getting a haze too caused by softner.

What shape was your paint in before you used the wax n dry and other quick products? Would the finish be silky smooth after application?

Thanks
Old 09-01-2003, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230Kompressor
[i]
PS My convertable top doesn't repel water like it used to since using these wash'n'wax products. Funny, because I thought it would repel better afterward.. [/B]
My dad just had a new canvas 'pilot-house' built for his boat (lots o' canvas). The canvas guy said never let anything but 303 touch it, and it will last 10 years instead of 5. I know they make a specific formula for convertible tops, as well as the boat canvas.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally posted by RJC
You really should not use soap on the conv. top very often, a strong spray of water is best for most washes, you can buy a convertible top dressing from MB or a parts store that will restore the beading.

If all the products you're using are causing a haze maybe your towels have been washed with fabric softner or dried with dryer sheets? I was getting a haze too caused by softner.

What shape was your paint in before you used the wax n dry and other quick products? Would the finish be silky smooth after application?

Thanks
I'll look for the top dressing. I thought my problem was dirty towels too but I've tried almost everything to keep them clean even an extra rinse cycle. Nothing seems to eliminate that little cloudiness I get.