Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

first time for everything :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
first time for everything :p

I took the car to a car wash cuz it was a salt mobile. I picked out what i wanted to be done, wash, clean the wheels and underbody wash to rid the salt.

Going thru the car wash, everything goes well...till I'm sitting there and the brushes and water stop spinning. I hear the wash making this winding down sound and i'm like...hmm.

Then I see all these people (employee's) running along the side of the wash trying to fix something. So one of them comes up to my car and says the hydraulic just went south. Put it in drive and go very slowly :p

So I pull out and he washes the car for me in the self-service bay. Now, the temp is 16 degree's outside. He finishes and I ask him if he had some towels to dry the car. He runs inside and gets some new micro-fiber towels and starts drying...too late. The water droplets are already frozen

After that, he goes back inside and offers me a full refund, so i got a free wash (and the underbody wash already happened in the beginning, so that was good).

Kinda sux for all those people waiting in line or just arriving to wash their cars

-G-
Old 01-08-2004, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: first time for everything :p

Originally posted by GDawgC220
I took the car to a car wash cuz it was a salt mobile. I picked out what i wanted to be done, wash, clean the wheels and underbody wash to rid the salt.

Going thru the car wash, everything goes well...till I'm sitting there and the brushes and water stop spinning. I hear the wash making this winding down sound and i'm like...hmm.

Then I see all these people (employee's) running along the side of the wash trying to fix something. So one of them comes up to my car and says the hydraulic just went south. Put it in drive and go very slowly :p

So I pull out and he washes the car for me in the self-service bay. Now, the temp is 16 degree's outside. He finishes and I ask him if he had some towels to dry the car. He runs inside and gets some new micro-fiber towels and starts drying...too late. The water droplets are already frozen

After that, he goes back inside and offers me a full refund, so i got a free wash (and the underbody wash already happened in the beginning, so that was good).

Kinda sux for all those people waiting in line or just arriving to wash their cars

-G-
haha where was this? Thats pretty funny!
Old 01-08-2004, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Re: Re: first time for everything :p

Originally posted by AlBoston
haha where was this? Thats pretty funny!
This was at the scrub-a-dub in Marlboro on Maple St.

So Al, u still stalking me at school? :p It's funny, u always see me, but I never see u, lol.

-G-
Old 01-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GDawgC220
Kinda the same thing happened to me today. I sprayed some Quik Detailer on the windows, and the fluid almost instantaneously turned to caked ice. The temps were in the teens when I was cleaning the windows. Believe me, hand-cleaning the car in freezing temps is not the funnest thing in the world, and I sincerely hope the weather gets warmer soon!
Old 01-08-2004, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Originally posted by lexusk8
Kinda the same thing happened to me today. I sprayed some Quik Detailer on the windows, and the fluid almost instantaneously turned to caked ice. The temps were in the teens when I was cleaning the windows. Believe me, hand-cleaning the car in freezing temps is not the funnest thing in the world, and I sincerely hope the weather gets warmer soon!

Ya...if u'r not careful, u'r hands will turn into ice too :p

I remember a few years ago when winter was in the 50's and 60's...perfect car washing weather. This year sux for washing yourself, gotta go elsewhere to get that stuff off yer car.

-G-