Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Question on using leatherique on E500 with ash leather and active ventilated seats.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 04:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question on using leatherique on E500 with ash leather and active ventilated seats.

Hello everybody,

I want to try out leatherique but have read repeated post about not being able to use it on clear coated leather or AVS: My car is a 2003 E500 and has ash leather and AVS the way it comes from the factory. Is Leatherique safely applicable to these surfaces or not? Thanks for clearing this up!
Old 02-05-2004, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: Question on using leatherique on E500 with ash leather and active ventilated seats.

Originally posted by Frank Wiesmann
Hello everybody,

I want to try out leatherique but have read repeated post about not being able to use it on clear coated leather or AVS: My car is a 2003 E500 and has ash leather and AVS the way it comes from the factory. Is Leatherique safely applicable to these surfaces or not? Thanks for clearing this up!
good question about using it with AVS. I do not think it is a problem, so little oil will drip through the holes and will probably be soaked by the underside of the leather. Leatherique can be used on clear coated leather, I have used it on all my mercedes benz leathers with no issues!
Old 02-09-2004, 11:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
~One mans opinion / observation~

Coated Leather- leather made from natural hides, but uniquely treated with a light pigmented urethane coating to make it more suitable for automotive seating. It retains the softness of natural top-grain leather but resists fading in direct sunlight. Spills wipe off with a moist cloth, retains the aura of natural leather without its sensitivity to light and abuse.

I would also suggest using a UV protection (303 Aerospace Protectant)

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*