Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Is there a way to wash the car too much?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 10:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55 AMG
Question Is there a way to wash the car too much?

I live in Chicago and the salt and snow dirt is the worst on my car. I try to get it washed once a week, but it's hard with school and all. What is the best way to clean the car considering my situation with the snow? Can I wash it too often? Thank for your help.

AMG
Old 02-16-2004, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09' 335i coupe
Dont wash it considering the snow.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:51 AM
moomeh

touchless car wash is the way to go. just make sure that the machine sprays lightly to wash off loose particles first before the heavy wash to reduce any scratching. i wash every week. 6 bucks......
Old 02-16-2004, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: Is there a way to wash the car too much?

Originally posted by S55AMG
I live in Chicago and the salt and snow dirt is the worst on my car. I try to get it washed once a week, but it's hard with school and all. What is the best way to clean the car considering my situation with the snow? Can I wash it too often? Thank for your help.

AMG
yes there is, it is all dependant on how you wash it. If you wash your car everyday using the wash method in the sticky threads above, no you will not cause any damage. If you wash thru a car wash daily, you will have severe scratching and fading very soon. The reason is most car washes just drag the dirt across your paint acting like sandpaper.