Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

cleaning products to shine up the benz..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleaning products to shine up the benz..

i want to start washing myself (by hand) so does anybody know any good products to use? i want to know everything from shinning the chrome grill..to the rims..maybe even some good wax to use once in a while.

thanks
Old 04-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Check out the Detailing forum.

Moving.....
Old 04-15-2004, 11:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I have all this school crap so I don't have the time to tell you everything () but if you ask specific questions I sure will try my best to fill you in.

First things first, what color and year is your car right now and how much abuse do you think it's been through (paint quality wise and such)?

Depending on the condition you can start going straight to trying the Meguires process or even go directly to Zaino if you are good at catching on.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by vraa
I have all this school crap so I don't have the time to tell you everything () but if you ask specific questions I sure will try my best to fill you in.

First things first, what color and year is your car right now and how much abuse do you think it's been through (paint quality wise and such)?

Depending on the condition you can start going straight to trying the Meguires process or even go directly to Zaino if you are good at catching on.
THANKS FOR THE REPLY...

2004 white c230 komp sedan driven right off the lot about 3 weeks ago. Never been washed drived for about 200 miles..Im going to wash it for the first time this weekend .. check out this link for the plain i laid out:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=67900
(BOTTOM OF THREAD)
Old 04-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by vraa

vraa (or perhaps awiner)... if I may, some questions on Zaino:

I have read all of the available post on detailing, polishes, buffers, etc..., and just when I think I have it all figured out, I get confused again.

1) Is Zaino both a polish AND a wax? Does it not require an additional sealant of some kind? I thought the order went a)Wash b) Polish C) Wax (or glaze).

2) Is Zaino designed to be applied by hand, as their web site suggests? I saw Zaino being referred to in the Orbital buffing posts... does this mean you get better results (ie swirl remover) using Zaino with a buffer (thus heating up the paint)?

Thanks...

I think I'm obsessed (so does my wife)
Old 04-28-2004, 11:19 PM
Almost a Member!

i like z ymol

u can get the best stuff on
http://autosupermart.com

i use p21s auto wash
zymol clear
wax with one grand blitz wax or zymol vintage (sampler I kit)
use HD cleanse every 3 months.