Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Just had Ceramic Pro done to the car. Results inside. (PIC HEAVY)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 04:16 PM

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
2018 E300
Just had Ceramic Pro done to the car. Results inside. (PIC HEAVY)

I must say, I'm impressed! I'm one of those weird people that loves trying high end waxes and seeing how much depth and shine I can get out of my cars paint. Well, these days time is money to me, so I have less time to detail the car. As a result of this I started looking at more long term protection options. I reached out to a local detailer that was known for high end work on exotic cars. I had him do a normal full detail on my truck so I could verify his work and work ethic. The truck came out great and I hired him for a full ceramic pro 9H install.

Some background on Ceramic Pro 9H. It's a super hydrophobic nano ceramic that permanently bonds (with enough coats) to the paints clear coat. It can be layered up to form a protective glass like shield against UV damage, bird droppings, hard water deposits, light scratches and swirls from washing improperly, etc. (http://ceramic-pro.com/en/shop/product-line/product/9h/)

To apply it you must give the car a paint correction as once the 9H is applied it will seal in those light clear coat scratches, and you won't be able to buff them out without removing all the ceramic from that panel. You would have high and low spots if you tried to spot correct. So the paint prep must be done correctly.

They started with a deep wash and degrease and then did a high speed two step paint correction. My car was in great shape as I use a foam cannon and 3 different buckets with grit guards to wash it. So it didn't have any real damage after 6 months, other than the light scratches from the idiot "detailers" at the dealership that dried the trunk lid with a terry cloth towel. This is why I tell my wife to turn down the free car wash at the dealer! Thanks but no thanks!

After they corrected the paint they wiped it down with alcohol and started to apply the 9H. The 9H has to be applied evenly or you will get high/low spots of build up. They did a two man team of application, knock down with wet pad, then buff out. This ensured an even application per panel. They did 5 rounds/coats of this on every panel of the car. They also included the face of the wheels, glass and all the PPF. Then they UV cure the panels one at a time and then do a top coat of "light" to add even more depth to the paint. They started at 9am and were done right at 5pm. They only took a 15min break to eat a sandwich. These guys were hard workers!

The end result is nothing short of spectacular. I was speechless. The paint will keep this deep, beautiful, wet and protected shine for 10+ years. Every time I wash the car, it will look freshly waxed. If you are on the fence about getting this done, do it! And if you're in the Tampa Bay Area, make sure to give Dan Kashtan, owner of Automotive Impressions a call!

Photos taken with iPhone X. No filters or effects.

Starting the day in the horrid FL heat

Ceramic Pro

Hitting every inch

Is that a mirror or paint?!?

Plate was just put back on. It was removed so every inch could be protected.

The Paint Protection Film (suntek) was protected as well. It covers the 1/4 hood, bumper, fenders, grille, headlights, roof in front of sunroof, A pillars, fingernail guards behind the door handles, and luggage area on rear bumper.

All done!

Old 06-06-2018, 12:37 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLB 250
Very nice. I am in the Tampa Bay Area. Can I ask what that cost?
Old 06-06-2018, 12:49 PM

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
2018 E300
Originally Posted by DDGator
Very nice. I am in the Tampa Bay Area. Can I ask what that cost?
Your price will vary depending on paint condition. From $1000-$1850.

They arrived at my house at 9am sharp and worked until 5pm. Give him a call to see if he serves your area. Dan Kashtan (Owner of Automotive Impressions) 727-455-4228 and tell him NFA Review sent ya.
He just did a bunch of exotic cars owned by some Tampa Bay Lightening players. He's good to go.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:58 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 GL550 | 2020 S560
This is an old thread but curious to see how the ceramic coating has held up over the years.

Any updates?
Old 10-28-2020, 11:06 AM

Received 269 Likes on 172 Posts
2019 E450 wagon: 2019 BMW 430i: 2013 Chevy Traverse: (departed)2013 SL550 & 2019 E450 cab
I have been detailing my own cars since the days of carnuba wax. Of late, I have been a Griot's fan for years using multiple waxs / sealants, also a fan of PS21; but recently tried the Chemical Guys Hydroslick Intense Gloss SiO2 Ceramic Coating Hyperwax, and this stuff is off the charts good. Clay bar first, then the hyperwax ceramic, produces an unbelievable shine, and also does a great job with water dispersion, and allows a very e-z bug removal. I have done our E450 cabriolet, and two other vehicles in the garage with the same result. just fantastic. My buddies at the last C&C asked me who I used to ceramic coat my car! So I plan to do it about every six to seven months, same as I did the waxing in the 'good old days'!
Old 11-12-2021, 02:30 PM

Received 118 Likes on 76 Posts
2019 E-450 Wagon
Looks great OP.

Anybody know a similar high quality detailer in the Fort Lauderdale area.?
Got a 2019 E-Wagon with low miles, but it had a front fender replaced, not sure if that disqualifies the car from a 10 year ceramic job as there is probably a difference in paint and clear coat between door and fender that may be highlighted by the high detailing?