Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Keep Your Light Color Carpet/Mats CLEAN

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Keep Your Light Color Carpet/Mats CLEAN

My Stone carpeted mats come very clean when you spray the stains with Blue Coral carpet & upholstery cleaner & gently rub the mats (Not the carpet on the kick panels, for those I would just gently blot those areas). Mine always come out spotless.

Another hint buy a can of VM&P Naptha at a paint store/home center/hardware store. It is an excellent bug & tar remover on the paint & will remove almost any stain including chewing gum & tar from your floor mats/carpeting. Soak a paper towel with it & blot the tar/stain turning the towel often as the stain will migrate into the towel & you don't want to put it back into the carpet. It works like magic. (Or a good dry cleaning fluid.

**** NAPTHA IS NOT FOR USE ON LEATHER !!!!! *****

If you get it on your hands, you will see how it removes the oil from your hands & leaves them dry & white. You will develop more moisturizers on your skin in about an hour. The leather can't.