Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

NU FINISH car polish!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
NU FINISH car polish!?

I have been using NU FINISH car polish since 1985.

It is synthetic; is easy to apply, and I do it twice a year. The car is garaged and
I use brushless car wash.

Even service advisor ar MB dealership wanted to know the secret of my exotic
polish...

What do you think of NU FINISH in the orange dispenser?

Pep Boys, Autozone, Discount Auto etc. sell it.

http://www.autobarn.net/chnf-76.html
Old 04-26-2002, 12:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
I tried NU FINISH about 6 or 7 years ago. Compared to some other products I have used, it was just ok. Also, the "finish" didn't last any longer either.

The Mequires that I've used seemed to out do the shine of NU FINISH. Same with the Zaino which is what I currently use.
Old 04-26-2002, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by revstriker
I tried NU FINISH about 6 or 7 years ago. Compared to some other products I have used, it was just ok. Also, the "finish" didn't last any longer either.

The Mequires that I've used seemed to out do the shine of NU FINISH. Same with the Zaino which is what I currently use.
I do my entire CLK in 25 minutes.

NU FINISH is so easy to apply. I cover the entire car including wheels with the liquid polish and than I take a cotton towel to take it off, and the CLK smiles at me.

Is Mequires and Zaino easy to apply and take off? How long does it take you for this on/off process? tnx
Old 04-26-2002, 11:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
In my opinion, they are both very easy to apply. Zaino however, is at least a two part process (Z1, and then Z2) so it can be time consuming. But it goes on quick, takes about 45 minutes to dry, and then wipes off easily. You have to wait about 8 hours between coats (not between Z1 and Z2, only multiple coats of Z2). Mequires is also very easy to apply and wipe off. I would say that they are both comparable to nufinish as far as application ease. The only difference would be the time involved with zaino (less with mequires), plus I think that you need at least two coats of the polish to get a really brilliant shine.

Mequires is very easy to find (you can get it at stores like target, or most auto parts stores). You should try and do a side by side comparison to see what you like better. Also, I'm not sure what color your car is, but I really think a darker color car will show a much greater difference than a lighter colored car.

Edit: I just noticed that you car is Brilliant Silver. I would still try a side by side, but you may not find a large difference over the nufinish.

Question: Does the nufinish hold up for a good legnth of time for you? I remember mine becoming dull after about a month. The water still beaded, but it lost it's luster.

Last edited by revstriker; 04-26-2002 at 11:15 AM.