Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Strong Glass Cleaner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 11:18 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
GLE450 Coupe and C300w4
Strong Glass Cleaner

Hi All:

First time poster. I parked my car in a parking lot here in Boston and during a severe thunderstorm, some sort of concrete/mortar type of liquid leaked onto the car and spotted on the windows and some body panels. Luckily, I had the body panels protected with Klasse AIO and Glaze so they cleaned right up. Any suggestions on how to get off of the glass? I've used Klasse, scraping with razor, auto glass cleaner, and I still have a film on there. Please help.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:45 PM
TCM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 BMW M5
I have had good results with vinegar before. Let the spots soak in vinegar for a couple of minutes and then attack again with a razor blade. The vinegar really helps loosen(sp) up the concrete properties. Hope this helps.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Concrete Spots:
Calcified water spots on paint and glass, water and concrete spots are pretty much the same chemically - calcium carbonate, with the concrete being cross-linked with water

Apply 1:1 ratio water with distilled White Vinegar solution, and using a spray bottle, spray that mixture on the spots and let them "soak." Then rinse with water and repeat as necessary.

If the ambient temperature water/vinegar mix does not work, warm (100-120 degrees) 100% distilled
White Vinegar, saturate a clean kitchen sponge with pure vinegar and hold the sponge over the concrete spots for a few minutes.

If the above do not remove them try equal parts distilled water, isopropyl alcohol and distilled white vinegar. The acid in the vinegar will help etch and dissolve the concrete. Rinse the area toughly with water after the vinegar and then reapply wax or sealant to that area.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon
justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *