Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Burn mark on leather

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 09:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe
Burn mark on leather

There is a burn mark on the leather seat (still dunno how it got there as I don't smoke...) and it catches stain easily. Originally I could wipe off the stain using soap/409 etc and then recondition it with leather conditioner.

But lately the mark is getting tougher and tougher... Whenever I use cleaner it seems to "eat" in the burn and turns black when I put conditioner on it...

Did I damage the leather or something? Does anyone have any idea on how to repair?? TIA
Attached Thumbnails Burn mark on leather-image1.jpg  
Old 08-03-2004, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Restain the leather

I had similar marks on my C320 driver seat when I first bought it. I took it to the dealer's. They tried to remove the mark with 3M Adhesive Cleaner. It got a little of it up, but not much. Finally, they gave up and sprayed leather dye on the area (I have ash colored leather). It worked like a charm. The dye completely covered up the stain and you can't even see a trace of it now. You could go to the dealer and ask them to do this for you, or buy the dye yourself. Also, I found a website http://www.leatherrepairkits.com/ that sells leather dyes mixed to match most car interiors (including MBs).
Old 08-04-2004, 10:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
You might try fine sandpaper /block very lightly, if not try previous sugestion of using a dye (Leatherique.com is an alternate supplier)

~Hope this helps~
Old 08-04-2004, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe
Thanks a lot guys! I'm gonna try to get it redyed.