Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Interior treatment question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior treatment question

I've visited this forum for over a year, but just now got around to registering - I've benefitted greatly from all the helpful posts and discussions. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on cleaning the dash and other interior surfaces of my 2000 CLK 430. I bought my car used, and it came with a stunning Armorall-type shine on all the plastic surfaces - I'm not sure if this is how it's meant to be, but I much prefer the matte look and feel of the dash on my wife's C240 wagon. Can anyone shed some light on how/whether the matte look and feel of the newer MB interiors can be achieved in my CLK? Many thanks.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:35 PM

2006 E55 & 2009 Audi S5
Originally Posted by drn138
I've visited this forum for over a year, but just now got around to registering - I've benefitted greatly from all the helpful posts and discussions. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on cleaning the dash and other interior surfaces of my 2000 CLK 430. I bought my car used, and it came with a stunning Armorall-type shine on all the plastic surfaces - I'm not sure if this is how it's meant to be, but I much prefer the matte look and feel of the dash on my wife's C240 wagon. Can anyone shed some light on how/whether the matte look and feel of the newer MB interiors can be achieved in my CLK? Many thanks.

If you don't get any responses here, you may want to try posting on the detailing section.
Mine doesn't have a high gloss shine so I can't be of much help.
Good luck and welcome aboard!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Moving to Detailing and Auto Care forum.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by drn138
For a matte finish use 1Z ****pit Premium It really is a "matte" finish. Plus it cleans great. It's also made in Germany!
Old 08-23-2004, 10:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
~ One man’s opinion / observations ~

As JonW440 suggests Iz ****pit premium (interesting censorship, the **** is the same word used for the place a pilot sits in). For general cleaning I use 5:1 solution of Distilled water / Woolite.

~Hope this helps ~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon
Old 08-23-2004, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by TOGWT
~ One man’s opinion / observations ~

As JonW440 suggests Iz ****pit premium (interesting censorship, the **** is the same word used for the place a pilot sits in). For general cleaning I use 5:1 solution of Distilled water / Woolite.

~Hope this helps ~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon
Also ****adoodledoo (Rooster)
****le
****roach
****tail
Old 08-23-2004, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Try meguiars rubber and vinyl cleaner.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:25 PM

Thanks very much for these suggestions - I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:06 PM
TCM

2001 BMW M5
I have had great luck with Zymol Vinyl and 303 aerospace protectant. After applying to the dash, let it sit for 20 minutes and buff off all excess product. This removes a lot of the glare and shine to leave a nice matte finish. Hope this helps.