Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Crystal Guard vs. Zaino

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK 320
Crystal Guard vs. Zaino

Just traded my Diamond Graphite G35 Coupe for a Black 2004 CLK320. I used Zaino on the G35 since it was new and it did a great job. I am out of Zaino Z2 and getting ready to order some more and some Z5 since it is a black car. My question is, has anyone heard of or used a product called Crystal Guard that I see advertised and talked about over at the G35 forums? It seems much easier to apply than Zaino. My biggest complaint with Zaino was the amount coats you have to apply the first time you use it. The initial application took me almost a full day to complete.Even though the car did look great when I finished, I wouldn't mind finding a quicker way to make my car look that good again. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:11 AM
TCM

2001 BMW M5
The Crystal Guard is a good product for people looking for a strong sealent. It is very time consuming to apply though as it takes roughly 8 or so hours to get a professional coat on a car. It does need to be rejuvenated every 6 months through a 3 hour process. Overall, I have been impressed with the product's durability though and am reccomending it to many of my detailing client's who want something that provides some durability. Hope this helps.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by jetsfan901
My biggest complaint with Zaino was the amount coats you have to apply the first time you use it. The initial application took me almost a full day to complete.Even though the car did look great when I finished, I wouldn't mind finding a quicker way to make my car look that good again. Thanks.
I can't imagine anything being easier to apply than Zaino. I don't understand how it would take you a complete day to put on one coat. I am able to easily get 3 coats (using the accelerator of course) done in one day. All you have to do is wipe it on, wait until it dries (which is pretty fast here in Texas), and then wipe it off. It takes about the same amount of time for me as washing (putting the zaino on) and drying (wiping it off).
Old 08-23-2004, 08:51 PM

2004 CLK 320
It took a me a full day to put the three coats on
and even that was probably because even though
I used the ZFX, I would still let the car sit for about
an hour after applying the Z2 before wiping it off.
I have made up my mind to order some more Zaino
because I always liked how good the car looked after I
finished.
Also, every week after I washed the car, I used the Z6
which really kept the car looking good.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
~ One man’s opinion / observations ~

I don’t think you will obtain a better, or more durable product than Zanio (Z5/ZFX x3 and use Souverän Wax) as a final product on red, black or Porsche Speed yellow it produces a deep wet shine (or Pinnacle Signature Series Wax) for metallic and for light coloured vehicle paint

~Hope this helps ~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon