Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

nano dance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boxster987 C230KSS M3
nano dance

I found .5" very light scratch while washing m car. No big deal, since I successfully removed many larger scratches on my oher cars with 3M.

Well it refused to go away...I guess it has to do with nano, and clueless what to do when more scratches coming up. Anyone heard about any solutions or product for nano yet?
Old 09-16-2004, 01:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
~One mans opinion / observations~

Scratch Resistant Clear Coat:
Mercedes-Benz has developed an innovative new clear lacquer paint technology; first used on their Maybach model this ceramic crystal clear coat (code 106F) incorporates microscopic ceramic particles in a clear urethane lacquer.

The clear coat is factory applied and then `baked' in a high-temperature drying oven forming a hard scratch and fade resistant finish. This paintwork system significantly improves surface gloss over conventional clear coats.

It is also provides better protection from the necessary automatic car-washing, and concentrated detergents used, as it's illegal to wash your vehicle and allow water to flow to a storm-drain in Germany due to environmental regulations.

Paint film surface maintenance is the same as for other systems, and the same products (synthetics or natural wax) can be used. Removing surface defects entails limited and controlled clear coat removal as this system produces an extremely hard surface (Menzerna Intensive Polish or Final Polish II) are specifically formulated for ceramic clearcoats

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon
Old 09-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
I've had to rub out some scratches in nano and it is very hard. I find you need to use a buffer or PC with a good cutting pad to do it effectively. Once I did it by hand but it took a long time and required constant pressure to heat up and glaze the polishing compound.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 CLK 500 cab
Can't rinse your car off to the storm drain in Germany? I wonder how many people would accept a law like that here...
Old 09-17-2004, 12:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Quote: Can't rinse your car off to the storm drain in Germany? I wonder how many people would accept a law like that here...

~One mans opinion / observations~

It the law in most of Europe and also in Australia, the EPA will soon get around to it, they have instigated wastewater regulations (suggesting that it is recirculated or collected and disposed of at an approved location) on mobile detailers but really enforced them to date.

...watch this space, these type regulations could soon be a reality in US...

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon