Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Dealer waxed over my Zaino

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C- 230 Kompressor,C2,C7,Black,JL sub,A/D/S/ amps,Alpine hu and changer
Dealer waxed over my Zaino

I have never used wax on my car, when I went to pick it up the dealer had waxed it, do I need to remove the wax ? if so how?
Old 09-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Almost a Member!

someone let me know, I am really pissed, I am going to charge my dealer for my time.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
You don't need to remove the wax if the finish still looks good. However, before you apply another coat of Zaino you will need to strip all the wax off first as Zaino won't bond to wax.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:40 PM

'05 C230K SS
Originally Posted by awiner
You don't need to remove the wax if the finish still looks good. However, before you apply another coat of Zaino you will need to strip all the wax off first as Zaino won't bond to wax.
Does Dawn strip Zaino as well as wax? Or would Dawn'ing his car now remove the wax and leave the Zaino?
Old 09-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
Sal Zaino says that Dawn alone will not strip Zaino. To strip Zaino you can clay or use a product like Klasse All In One.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:08 AM

schell

If the car looks good, keep it the way it is, then just apply ur zaino after few weeks. If its not broke, dont fix it
Old 09-17-2004, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally Posted by 2quik
If the car looks good, keep it the way it is, then just apply ur zaino after few weeks. If its not broke, dont fix it
exactly...I'd be happy if the dealer waxed my car
Old 09-17-2004, 12:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
~One mans opinion / observations~

Awiner- “To strip Zaino you can clay…” clay will not remove Zanio either.

Schell- I’d suggest you leave well alone, when your ready to Z again wash, and then use AIO as a ‘cleaning coat’ then apply the Z system (I think you’ll like the results)

Moa4r- if you’ve seen the surface marring and swirl marks installed for free by dealership ‘detailers’ I’m not so sure you’d want them to polish/wax/wash your car (of course there are a few exceptions, but generally…)

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon
Old 09-17-2004, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
I've stripped many a layer of Zaino with a good claying.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:37 PM

'05 C230K SS
Originally Posted by awiner
I've stripped many a layer of Zaino with a good claying.
Yeah I was under the impression that Dawn and claying together would remove just about anything off your paint.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by moa4r
exactly...I'd be happy if the dealer waxed my car
I would be very leary of any dealer applied products. Most are low-quality and would defeat the purpose of putting higher-end products on your car.

Last edited by JM19; 09-21-2004 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:10 AM
Almost a Member!

I clayed my car, and did did several coats of Zaino, it looks great again
Old 09-24-2004, 12:35 PM
Almost a Member!

KOMPRESSOR
Newbie question

What are these products you are talking about? Zanio, Clay?? I just bought a C230 Kompressor and have only owned old 300D's prior. I proudly went out and waxed my car...yeech should I have?
Old 09-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by I,Zombie
What are these products you are talking about? Zanio, Clay?? I just bought a C230 Kompressor and have only owned old 300D's prior. I proudly went out and waxed my car...yeech should I have?
Zaino is a Polish that is very easy to put on, and will give your car a very deep shine. You can purchase Zaino products at their website here.

Clay, is a clay bar which is used to remove surface imperfections from the surface of your clear-coat. Clay bars are sold by many different manufacturers including Zaino. It's a good idea to clay your car when it's new because microscopic particles can get embedded in your clear-coat during shipping (dust from being on a train, boat, truck, etc.).

You can read more about this and other car care products on the website I provided, or perhaps one of our detailing experts here can explain a little better.

Congrats on the new car.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:23 PM
Almost a Member!

If you put a plastic bag over your hand and feel the paint of your car, you can feel the stuff that is stuck to your paint, the clay will remove that, it is hard to believe how much better your car looks after using clay, especially with a black car.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
RTFF!!!!

Boston Al went to A LOT of trouble to prepare those stickies you apparently ignored as the top several threads of this forum.

No shortcuts. RTFF!

EDJ
Old 09-24-2004, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
LOL Joe, Thank you . The forum needs to be setup in a way that those threads are more visible.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:42 PM
Almost a Member!

KOMPRESSOR
Revstriker & Schell, Thanks alot. Like I said being new to this class of car and to MB world Discussion Forum (or any forum for that matter) I appreciate your help and patience.

Eldiablo Joe: perhaps you should spend more time interacting with a human being rather than your CPU. I would have gladly checked out the "stickies you apparently ignored as the top several threads of this forum" had I even known what that was, much less a "RTFF!!!!" that you so lovingly noted. As stated earlier, I have never been on a forum before.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' 335i coupe
IF you want to strip off your wax, use Dawn soap, Make sure you dont use the oil based ones though...
Old 09-28-2004, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
Revstriker & Schell, Thanks alot. Like I said being new to this class of car and to MB world Discussion Forum (or any forum for that matter) I appreciate your help and patience.

Eldiablo Joe: perhaps you should spend more time interacting with a human being rather than your CPU. I would have gladly checked out the "stickies you apparently ignored as the top several threads of this forum" had I even known what that was, much less a "RTFF!!!!" that you so lovingly noted. As stated earlier, I have never been on a forum before.
First things first. Here's your post:
And no, it does not say as you claim, "I have never been on a forum before."

Now, down to business:

Sorry Zombie, perhaps in the future I should just entirely ignore your posts, and those of any noob (Since you're a noob, I'll explain that "noob" is NEWBIE aka nuub aka nub aka et cetera). Then you would not have learned to check the stickies/FAQs/TOU/etc., your post would have been entirely ignored.

Oh, and BTW, "a lot" is two words, not one. Consider that just another freebie lesson from me to you, kid.

So I point you in the right direction, and you slam me? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you...

Here, you might find this of value (it's a link, click on it with your mouse. The mouse is that palm-sized thing with two buttons on it and a wire leading to the back of your computer):

CLICK HERE ZOMBIE (and turn up the volume on your computer speakers/Control Panel/Settings/Audio).

Cheers, and welcome to MBWorld. Everyone else here is much nicer and far more patient than am I. Stick around, it's a great place

Kisses,

EDJ

Last edited by ElDiabloJoe; 09-28-2004 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Almost everyone EDJ, I've been cranky lately

Revstriker: Just nitpicking but I don't think Zaino qualifies as a polish does it? No abrasives?