Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

320CDI seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
320CDI seats

Got a question that I have posted in the past and get alot of differnet answers. Thought I would try again. My father purchased a 05 320 CDI. On the sticker it says stone leather inserts, there was not a additional charge for this. I have been trying to figure out just where the leather is. I had purchased the Rejuvinator and pristine oil earlier. Not sure where to use the oils and where to use the vinyl cleaner and preps. He had to take it back to the dealer last week for the 1000-3000 mile inspection. I asked 2 different people and got 2 different answers. At the moment I am thinking the parts of the seats that have the little holes,That is the part in the center of the seat, is the leather and the top sides of the seats are vinyl. I do not know about the armrest in the center or the armrest on the doors, not sure what they are. Just do not want to put vinyl cleaner on leather.
Thanks in advance
Old 10-15-2004, 10:14 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
~One mans opinion / observations~

Perforated Leather:
Should be routinely cleaned using a pH-balanced, non-alkaline cleaner (6:1 Distilled water / WooliteŽ solution) to loosen and lift grease and grime without drying the leather or affecting the hide's natural pH.
In addition to regular cleaning, leather requires replacement of natural oils

Apply to a warm surface to help the oils penetrate (warm with the suns heat or a hairdryer) allow sufficient time (preferably overnight) for the oils to permeate the leather. Use a product that will dry without leaving a residue in the perforations of the leather or a greasy surface.

Recommended products Groit's Leather Care or Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil

Note: Its OK to use leather cleaning products on vinyl but NOT vinyl cleaners on leather (also a viynl cleaner will block the perforations)

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon