Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Vomit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
Vomit

LMAO! Okay, my buddy had a friend that yuked all over the inside of his perforated-leather-seats car.

Any suggestions for clean up and smell removal (he's already tried febreeze, only lasted a day).

I'll pass along any tips/advice received.

EDJ
Old 12-20-2004, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
Try Oust Air Sanitizer. The stuff actually kills the odor in the air. I was cooking burgers in a pan in my apartment two weeks ago (you know, the kind that are already pre-made and all you have to do is fry them up) and it smoked up my whole apartment and set off my smoke detector about three times! Here's what I did. I let the apartment air out for about an hour and then sprayed Oust and it KILLED the burned burger smell. Try this in his car. Good stuff.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E320 Sedan
High pressure steamer.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:39 PM

'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
~One man’s opinion / observations

Vomit:
Use disposable paper toweling to blot the carpet, fabric and leather surfaces to remove as much of the residue as you can.
·You might want to consider removing the front seats to gain better access
·Use hot water and towels; try to get everything as clean as you can, keep the towels rinsed well. Remove any residue from all surfaces
·Remove mats and remove any residue and then clean with a carper extractor. Once the mats are cleaned rinse them with a disinfectant (Lysol) especially the backs
·Clean the carpets with a pre-cleaner and an extractor, once carpets have been cleaned brush with a rubber tipped carpet brush to raise the fibre's and then lightly spray with a disinfectant (Lysol)
·Clean vinyl and other hard surfaces with a 6:1 distilled water / Woolite® solution and then wipe down with a micro fibre towel dampened with disinfectant
·Clean the leather the same way (wait until the vehicle has been ‘aired out’ before applying any conditioning products
·Air out the vehicle for as long as possible to allow surfaces to dry and for the odors to dissipate.
·Finally use an air sanitizer/freshener (Neutra Air®) that quickly removes odours from the air. Ordinary air fresheners just mask odours and can leave a "perfume type" smell in the air. Neutra Air ® actually neutralizes the air from odour-causing bacteria

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM

Last edited by TOGWT; 12-20-2004 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
86 W124
There is a product we use in the shop that removes all organic residue from vomit to crap and orange juice. Its a foamy thing that acts and disolves everything because it has awesome bacteria inside it that reactivates the dirt. Try to find some of that stuff, I will try to remember and check the specific name for that. Removing the seat will help for the cleanup.

I would personally remove the seat and all electronics underneat and take really really soapy burning hot water and slowly pour it throught the seat. The newer seats have it quite easy to peel up the leather in some cases so you may be able to open up the bottom of the seat and clean the pad underneat because thats whats rotting in there...

Peter
Old 12-23-2004, 02:14 AM

'05 C230K sedan
Hope these sites will help!!

http://www.veneerz.com/car-interior-cleaning-tips.htm

I have a terrible habit of smoking, this helped out with smell:
http://www.howtocleananything.com/ti...s.asp?tid=1254

This site provided some info, most articles highly recommend to clean as soon as possible and use baking soda, charcoal, and coffee beans.

http://www.allsands.com/misc1/carcaretips_uuy_gn.htm
ODORS
Vomit, dog smells, food and other spills can cause big odor problems. If possible, clean and remove the offending smell from your car as soon as possible. When this isn't an option, after cleaning, try absorbing the smell overnight with a bag of activated charcoal (commonly sold with fish aquariums). Open the bag and place it near the offending odor, providing a small amount of fresh air through a cracked window. The following day, if the odor is still present, repeat the process. For quicker odor removal, you can purchase a wide variety of commercial products that will do the same.

Good Luck!
Old 12-23-2004, 03:33 AM

any chance this friend drives a TSX?
Old 12-23-2004, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 W211 aka E-500
Nope, drives a Toyoter.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:01 PM

07 ML63; 05 E55 (sold)
Buy a new seat.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
What's up with body fluids and car interiors these days? Don't people take care of these things inside their homes anymore?
Old 04-02-2005, 08:09 PM

'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Originally Posted by Samoan_Ridah
What's up with body fluids and car interiors these days? Don't people take care of these things inside their homes anymore?
Its a 'drive-by world anymore
JonM