Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Use of car cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 154 Posts
99 E320
Use of car cover

Bought a car cover for use even though I park in the garage. Didn't want dirt/dust and dog hair on it between rides. Since this was the first time using one, I struggled a bit to get it off. Probably a no brainer, but any special tips in pulling it off, rolling and folding one. I felt like an dunce trying to fold a map back to its original state. That little tote bag seemed the size of a freezer zip lock bag. :-D
Old 01-06-2005, 11:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Placing Cover on Vehicle:
To place car cover on vehicle; start by placing the rolled-up cover on the centre of the roof (do not drag cover across vehicle surface as it may cause scratching) unroll from the middle to the rear of vehicle and then middle to front, unroll left side and then right using mirror `pockets' (if fitted)
Ensure that cover is `tight' and attach cable and lock (if required) Remove from vehicle opposite to the above and store dry cover in storage bag (if supplied)

Usage Tips:
Do not place a car cover on a dusty or dirty car (dry surface with a waffle weave towel or remove dust with a car duster) Ensure that the cover fits well and keep the cover clean (dust / dirt between the inside of the cover or the vehicle surface will cause scratching) Purchase a good quality cover that is manufactured from a durable fabric suitable for your local climatic conditions and expected usage.

JonM