Sponsored by:

air blower/lcd clock segments/maintenance q's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 CDI Sport

hi, i've been away awhile and come back for some help medicine, doctors.
lately my excellent 00 22o cdi has had two or three niggles that need sorting out please.

1- the ac blower has lately, i noticed, been blowing low pressured air thru vents, even when the manual dial is on max[with either hot or cold setting].
i checked forum, and talks about cabin/pollen filter, i will check. could it be anything else i should check?

2- from the outside, i hear slightly louder engine noise like the noise of a belt but cannot fig what it is. ok its a diesel, but more noisier than normal. any common concerns.

3- im coming up to my first oil change since i had this car. i know what grade to use, but any recommends on brand/quality, good for performance and econo. shall i stick to recomend grade or a different viscosity better? whats brands of filter do you diesel owners go with for oil/air.

4- back inside, the lcd clock is not showing up all the segments so the numbers look confusing. whats the cause & how to fix/cost. it lights up ok along with the rest of gauges, just the segments.

thanking you in advance.

dave
Old 11-28-2005, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
1-3 Ill let someone else answer...

#4 is a known problem with MB. They go out after a while. If its under warantee, it will be fixed. If not, you will have to replace your entire digital dash area. Very expensive. If you can live with it, then I would.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:03 AM

C220 CDI Sport

Thanks 2manytoys for answering question 4, if its expensive, I may just stick with it, but out of curiosity what kind of expense we talking about?

any info would be great.

can anybody ans my first 3 q's please. I having problems warming up the car. its cold out there
Old 12-04-2005, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
Its not cheap. I heard its like a $2-3KUSD fix. Its quite silly that you need to replace the entire dash, but thats what needs to be done.