Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O-rings in Mahle fuel filter box

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O-rings in Mahle fuel filter box

I just changed the fuel filter on my 1999 E300. I got a Mahle unit to replace the MB filter on the car. When I took the MB filter off, I don't see any o-rings to replace, but the Mahle came with 2 different sizes inside the box. I am not sure where I should put these, or if I need them at all.

The car is currently having trouble starting. I presume this is because I broke the fuel line going into the prefilter, so I can't comment if the main fuel filter is working at all. Hopefully I can clear this all up tomorrow...

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Almost a Member!

'84 300CD, '82 300SD, '74 TR6, '99 Land Rover Discovery
Originally Posted by robricc
I just changed the fuel filter on my 1999 E300. I got a Mahle unit to replace the MB filter on the car. When I took the MB filter off, I don't see any o-rings to replace, but the Mahle came with 2 different sizes inside the box. I am not sure where I should put these, or if I need them at all.

The car is currently having trouble starting. I presume this is because I broke the fuel line going into the prefilter, so I can't comment if the main fuel filter is working at all. Hopefully I can clear this all up tomorrow...

Thanks.
I always helps when replacing the main filter, fill the new filter up with clean diesel fuel before you install it - it's that much less priming that has to happen.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:53 PM

Thanks for the tip, but I've already got that covered.

When picking up a new fuel line from the dealer, I had them print me an exploded diagram of the fuel filter assembly. Looks like the o-ring(s) that come with the fuel filter go on the bolt. I'm not sure why I didn't see them before...
Attached Thumbnails O-rings in Mahle fuel filter box-w210_fuel_filter_assm.jpg