New E320 CDI Owner Saying Hi!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
New E320 CDI Owner Saying Hi!

Hey all,

Posted this on the E forum, but thought I'd say hi within this section as well. New to this forum and MB, but have enjoyed diesels for some time now in heavy-duty trucks. Just picked-up a white '06 E320 CDI with 22K on the clock. I was interested in this car since they first came out, and finally purchased one thru MB's CPO program. Car is in very nice condition and can't wait to take it on some long trips. Prior to purchase, I did some reading thru past threads, and appreciate everyone's input. Look forward to contributing to the forum!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:23 AM

98 C43
Congrats!

Just got my 06 E320 3 days ago as well
Old 09-01-2008, 01:37 PM

2006 E320 CDI
Thanks. So far, the car is very enjoyable. Power is incredible for such a small displacement motor, even at highway speeds. If we can average just north of 30 mpg combined, I'll be extremely happy. Can't seem to think of another vehicle that has this much luxury combined with such practicality (and fuel economy). The first time I ever drove an E-class was last year, and it was a used E55. The car was a rattle-trap and the interior plastics looked horrible. This, combined with the negative write-ups on MB's reliability, drove me away from even looking at a MB product. A friend of mine purchased an '05 E320 recently, and I happened to start re-considering the CDI since his car seemed tight after 4 years. So, I figured I must have experienced a really beat up AMG car and would test drive the CDI. I was hesitant on buying since I was coming out of a very reliable Honda product, but I figured I take the chance. Guess time will tell.

This is now my second German car, and man do they drive differently than Japanese brands. This things feels nearly as heavy as a full-size truck going down the road.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 E320 CDi, 2008 3/4 Ton Suburban, 2007 "rice rickshaw" Accord 5 speed
Originally Posted by PackerFan
Thanks. So far, the car is very enjoyable. Power is incredible for such a small displacement motor, even at highway speeds. If we can average just north of 30 mpg combined, I'll be extremely happy. Can't seem to think of another vehicle that has this much luxury combined with such practicality (and fuel economy). The first time I ever drove an E-class was last year, and it was a used E55. The car was a rattle-trap and the interior plastics looked horrible. This, combined with the negative write-ups on MB's reliability, drove me away from even looking at a MB product. A friend of mine purchased an '05 E320 recently, and I happened to start re-considering the CDI since his car seemed tight after 4 years. So, I figured I must have experienced a really beat up AMG car and would test drive the CDI. I was hesitant on buying since I was coming out of a very reliable Honda product, but I figured I take the chance. Guess time will tell.

This is now my second German car, and man do they drive differently than Japanese brands. This things feels nearly as heavy as a full-size truck going down the road.
The older Mercedes Benz cars (1980s and back) feels even "heavier". Those were the ones with the bank vault doors and full gauge metal bodies. Funny enough they did not weigh as much as the newer ones overall. I guess it is all the modern must-have safety and luxury features (8 air-bags, 10 speakers, panoramic roofs, GPS and other non-essential items).