Old 03-30-2012, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 CLK320CDI AMG// '13 E500 Coupe AMG// '17 E350d AMG
Any updates on this project?
Old 04-03-2012, 05:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chrysler 300C CRD srt
yes, we are still learning the edc 16 at the moment very limited due to the max turbo pressure limits.

Fuel consumption is amazing, dropped 2L every 100KM.

I cannot hit the throttle full because of the tune, but it moves very well!!

http://youtu.be/597dBvQEnng
Old 04-03-2012, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are doing less 2L because you can't hit full throttle as you mentioned!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:06 AM

Chrysler 300C CRD srt
Originally Posted by gaiex
You are doing less 2L because you can't hit full throttle as you mentioned!
Haha, that's for sure

This was on the highway, after resetting the computer, running 120 km/h for half an hour. Dialy driving I see 10.5 now
Old 04-04-2012, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by diesel2fast4u
Haha, that's for sure

This was on the highway, after resetting the computer, running 120 km/h for half an hour. Dialy driving I see 10.5 now
10.5L is what I also have in my CLK
Old 04-08-2012, 02:23 AM

Chrysler 300C CRD srt
10.5L is what I also have in my CLK
But it has a little better aero dynamics & less weight I think

Old 04-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Banned

1985 300DT
Looks great except for those wheels.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD
Looks great.
Any update on the progress.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:44 AM

Chrysler 300C CRD srt
New tune, we were able to find all the turbo limiters, no more cut outs

And some more a$$ dyno

Just have to get rid of the dpf now in the program so the CEL will be off
Old 05-03-2012, 11:09 AM

Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD
Awesome, looking good. Thanks.
I wish I could get my hands on one of the turbos. I thought of going compound turbo because I could get an atmosphere turbo (hx40) and weld up my own piping for lot cheaper than what one of those turbo's would cost me to be sent to the US and the required tuning.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:21 AM

Chrysler 300C CRD srt
Originally Posted by tnadanzig
Awesome, looking good. Thanks.
I wish I could get my hands on one of the turbos. I thought of going compound turbo because I could get an atmosphere turbo (hx40) and weld up my own piping for lot cheaper than what one of those turbo's would cost me to be sent to the US and the required tuning.
The required tuning is the only thing you really need to go faster.
Adding a turbo without fuel = no use
Old 05-03-2012, 11:51 AM

Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD
Thanks, I agree. I am running a Custom Spooling hot tune. It disables the dpf and egr. I have a custom pipe in place of the dpf so I can go back to stock if need be.

I am not sure how much more fuel I can get out of these stock injectors. I still have much to learn about these engines. The Jeep currently will not blow any black soot. My F250 truck has upgraded injectors and will blow quite of bit of black soot, but they are a little big for my current turbo. I limit that with tuning.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:05 PM

Chrysler 300C CRD srt
Thanks, I agree. I am running a Custom Spooling hot tune. It disables the dpf and egr. I have a custom pipe in place of the dpf so I can go back to stock if need be.

I am not sure how much more fuel I can get out of these stock injectors. I still have much to learn about these engines. The Jeep currently will not blow any black soot. My F250 truck has upgraded injectors and will blow quite of bit of black soot, but they are a little big for my current turbo. I limit that with tuning.
Injectors are very big, they are piezo and can make easy 80HP per cilinder.
Intake manifold is very bad, only the sixt cilinder has good air.
The High pressure pump is ok up to 330 HP untill now.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:52 PM

Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD
That's good to hear about the injectors. The intake manifold looks like it wouldn't flow much air. I would like to pull the manifolds and remove the swirl valves and weld up the linkage holes. That might help some? Sounds like air flow is the big restriction to make power with the proper tuning. Thanks.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:56 PM

Chrysler 300C CRD srt
That's good to hear about the injectors. The intake manifold looks like it wouldn't flow much air. I would like to pull the manifolds and remove the swirl valves and weld up the linkage holes. That might help some? Sounds like air flow is the big restriction to make power with the proper tuning. Thanks.
I have an engine in parts, if you want I take some pics, better would be to make a real turbo intake with plenum and runners
We have thought about the swirls but then you would need to delete the swirl valve control map in the software... ?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:14 PM

Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD
I would appreicate some pictures of the intake manifolds. A real turbo intake would be sweet. I am looking into the swirl motor removal.
If I can convince my wife to allow me to purchase a second one of these Jeeps I might look into welding up a real intake. This Jeep is my wife's so I don't get to play with it as much as I would like, but I won't allow her to drive around a slow stock diesel vehicle. When I drive it I want some performance. I am trying to upgrade all the reliability issues with this engine.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:45 AM

Chrysler 300C CRD srt
I would appreicate some pictures of the intake manifolds. A real turbo intake would be sweet. I am looking into the swirl motor removal.
If I can convince my wife to allow me to purchase a second one of these Jeeps I might look into welding up a real intake. This Jeep is my wife's so I don't get to play with it as much as I would like, but I won't allow her to drive around a slow stock diesel vehicle. When I drive it I want some performance. I am trying to upgrade all the reliability issues with this engine.
Actually, the engine is very good, it's the EGR that kills it.
I now just did the turbo, EGR delete, cat delete & dpf delete, Rub87 tune & turbo upgrade and now it's becoming nice
Old 05-04-2012, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 131 Posts
W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642 ; R107 M117, Sierra 1500 LZ0
I now just did the turbo, EGR delete, cat delete & dpf delete, Rub87 tune & turbo upgrade and now it's becoming nice
I expect a full tutorial with part numbers and pictures for each step once complete!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:44 AM

Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD
Thanks, that’s good to know. Keep up the good work. I disabled the EGR as soon as I could. I have a block off plate that I need to install. I can't stand EGR on diesels, it causes so many problems. Do you think it’s worthwhile to gut the cat? I delete the dpf, but not sure if the restriction in the cat is worth it. What do you think?

Are there any cylinder head bolt issues if the engine is tuned to the limit of the high pressure pump? I am used to diesel trucks here in the US that when running hot tunes need cylinder head studs to limit head gasket issues. I would like to get my hands on one of the turbo's you are using. I saw the mechanical issues earlier in the thread and those seem manageable.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:39 PM

Chrysler 300C CRD srt
Thanks, that’s good to know. Keep up the good work. I disabled the EGR as soon as I could. I have a block off plate that I need to install. I can't stand EGR on diesels, it causes so many problems. Do you think it’s worthwhile to gut the cat? I delete the dpf, but not sure if the restriction in the cat is worth it. What do you think?

Are there any cylinder head bolt issues if the engine is tuned to the limit of the high pressure pump? I am used to diesel trucks here in the US that when running hot tunes need cylinder head studs to limit head gasket issues. I would like to get my hands on one of the turbo's you are using. I saw the mechanical issues earlier in the thread and those seem manageable.
Hi, I had a couple of dodge cummins before

EGR, I did block of plate and deleted in the software, no problem there, have just some isues finding the DPF map

I think everything in the exhaust after the turbo is bad, I gutted the cat to.

No problems with head bolts or head gasket untill now...

I am looking for a turbo for someone else but they are expensive... Ball bearing water cooled, sweet, spools as fast as the original.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Since the EGR is water cooled, blocking the exhaust side with a metal plate is any good? off course it need to be also software deleted, but what about the water circuit and etc, it will still flow trough the EGR or it have any electronic valve to open the circuit?

PS: about the exhaust, I noticed that all new V6 engine models have two exhaust and mufflers at the rear, mine only have 1 on the driver side, and a big one (AMG on my case) but the new ones have one on each side and with a smaller muffler. Is this better also on diesel cars or is only for the looks?
I know it can flow better, but more weight also...
Old 05-05-2012, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

About the intake manifold subject, I already thinked about it but didn't know about the 6th cylinder thing.
The "new" engine also have bigger intake and air filters box, in my case I have one of each side, and on Jeep you only have one, what could be better?
Old 05-05-2012, 01:43 PM

Chrysler 300C CRD srt
Since the EGR is water cooled, blocking the exhaust side with a metal plate is any good? off course it need to be also software deleted, but what about the water circuit and etc, it will still flow trough the EGR or it have any electronic valve to open the circuit?

PS: about the exhaust, I noticed that all new V6 engine models have two exhaust and mufflers at the rear, mine only have 1 on the driver side, and a big one (AMG on my case) but the new ones have one on each side and with a smaller muffler. Is this better also on diesel cars or is only for the looks?
I know it can flow better, but more weight also...
You HAVE to block it also with a plate to make sure nothing passes. When you only do it by elecdtronics and for whatever reason it isn't closed completely... The water has nothing to do, it just passes in the EGR like all the coolers.

About the exhaust , I only think it's for looks
Old 05-05-2012, 01:44 PM

Chrysler 300C CRD srt
About the intake manifold subject, I already thinked about it but didn't know about the 6th cylinder thing.
The "new" engine also have bigger intake and air filters box, in my case I have one of each side, and on Jeep you only have one, what could be better?
I think the standard airbox is big enough, untill now I didn't see any problems with not getting enough air.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:27 AM

Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD
Diesel2fast4u,
The cummins are sweet. My dad has one and a couple of buddies. I am just a Ford and Jeep guy. I hope to install my egr block off plate. The wife is not a fan of not driving her vehicle every day. So if I can get some time I will install that plate and gut the cat while I am at it. I would like the turbo, but they are probably too expensive for budget at the moment. The turbo does sound like the cat’s meow. I wish they were on a vehicle in the states. Would any other 2260V turbo work that might not be water cooled? How are you doing on the dpf map? Are you going to do any intercooler upgrades?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tuning for OM642