Sponsored by:

Fuel Pump on W123 diesel??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1983 300D-turbo "Bonnie"
Fuel Pump on W123 diesel??

Okay, I have been told to look at/replace my Fuel Pump. Not the Injection Pump, but the Fuel Pump. I have very slow acceleration, especially for a turbo. Now, I have been searching and searching and searching for the fuel pump. Looking at NAPA Online, Oreilly's, and other places. I can't find anything. I think I might know what it is on the car, but would like some confirmation. Anyone with pictures?? Thank You for any help!
Old 04-04-2012, 01:13 AM

1983 300D-turbo "Bonnie"
Originally Posted by Thirdrem
Okay, I have been told to look at/replace my Fuel Pump. Not the Injection Pump, but the Fuel Pump. I have very slow acceleration, especially for a turbo. Now, I have been searching and searching and searching for the fuel pump. Looking at NAPA Online, Oreilly's, and other places. I can't find anything. I think I might know what it is on the car, but would like some confirmation. Anyone with pictures?? Thank You for any help!
Nevermind, I found it!

Bosch FP K22MW22

Mercedes-Benz Fuel Lifter Pump

Thank You
Old 04-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1985 300DT
You don't need a fuel pump.

You need to change your fuel filters and adjust the pressure relief valve spring to 27mm. its extremely rare for the fuel pump to fail, most of the time its only the check valves that need to be cleaned.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:36 AM

1983 300D-turbo "Bonnie"
Originally Posted by Whargoul
You don't need a fuel pump.

You need to change your fuel filters and adjust the pressure relief valve spring to 27mm. its extremely rare for the fuel pump to fail, most of the time its only the check valves that need to be cleaned.
It has brand new filters from the Previous owner. I don't know if the pressure relief valve is set right. Do you know where it is?? Sorry, but I am relatively new to all of this.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1985 300DT
Its the banjo fitting with the hose on the engine side of the pump. Remove the top part and the spring will be in there, stretch it to 27mm.
Attached Thumbnails Fuel Pump on W123 diesel??-picture-1.jpg