Diesel Forum Forum for Diesel engine vehicle related discussion

Need To Change Entire NAV Unit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2012 | 05:28 PM

2007 E320 CDI Bluetec
Need To Change Entire NAV Unit?

Bought '07 E320 Bluetec 11 months ago. Have only used thre CD player 7 - 8 times. When hitting the eject button, seemed to suck the disc back in really quick. Last couple of times the disc only stayed out 1 - 2 seconds, with "CD Error" light coming on when I pulled the disc out.

Yesterday, I had to hit the eject button 3 times to get disc partially out, then it went right back in. I got it partially out again ( maybe 5% - 8% of disc exposed) and got "CD Error" on the NAV screen when I grabbed it and pulled it out.

Today, MB dealer tells me I need to replace the entire NAV unit ( $4700 plus $250/hr labor). This is a new unit, there are no reconditioned ones in "the MB parts system". So it's time for some homework >>

I ain't just gonna roll over on this....anybody have any experience or advice on this?

Thanx
Old 07-10-2012 | 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 BMW 540d
Geeze...seems like you could do pretty well going aftermarket for one-tenth of what you're being quoted.
Old 07-10-2012 | 09:02 PM

2007 E320 CDI Bluetec
Making Progress

I received a number of responses to my inquiry this afternoon, with alerts via e-mail likethe one telling me "listerone has sent you a reply"...... but none of these other ones are seen here on the blog right now. Somethign is screwy here. I have to go back to the earlier today e-mail alerts to see them.

Will work on this.... there are less expensive options, from input by others ... like FastOEM.com, in Santa Monica, CA who show $2500, including a $1250 core charge for the COMAND unit. I will contact them to see what's up ... maybe i can send them my COMAND unit for credit..... yeah, if I can get it out without screwing stuff up ... I'd have someonee else do it.

This is good lesson for long-term learning vis. a vis. MB dealer vs "other sources" in the real world.

Thanx to All