Sponsored by:

Questions about DEF

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 02:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 Jaguar XE (TDI)
Questions about DEF

I found an excellent resource for information on DEF. Here's a good place to start getting information.
http://www.discoverdef.com/def-overview/faq/#consume

I'm wondering if the pump that they have at the fuel island would work with our DEF tanks or if they're too large to fit. That would seem to be the easiest way to keep our tanks filled. When the DEF light comes on just stop for fuel at a truck stop that has pump dispensing at the fuel island and fill up with DEF in addition to fuel.

Yes, I can afford to take my Blutec to MB to have it done, but if I can save money on DEF I can invest it in something important like wine, women and song.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can buy it in 2.5gal cans at many gas stations or even Walmart. The included filler hose fits exactly into the AdBlue tank opening.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 Jaguar XE (TDI)
Thank you. That's good to know.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
'11 E350BTC P2 Leather
Have a look here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...type-pump.html

The first time I filled I went to a Pilot truck stop which had a DEF pump. I used a 1/2 gallon bottle of M-B DEF with the bottom cut off as a funnel. It worked but was a pain in the butt, and I felt like all the 18 wheel truckers were staring at the Mercedes guy trying to fill his DEF.

The second time, I went to AutoZone and bought a 2.5 gallon DEF jug, and used the same funnel, but did it in my driveway.

Much easier, and less stressful.

I still like the 1/2 gallon jug as a funnel, as it connects to the tank and won't let you overfill and make a mess.

Just take the tiny tube and bend it back down towards the tank, otherwise it bubbles and squirts and makes a mess.

Last edited by mikemargolis; 05-06-2013 at 02:04 PM.