Sponsored by:

Mercedes C220 CDI 2008 CRD 2 ECU Delphi Faulty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 W204
Mercedes C220 CDI 2008 CRD 2 ECU Delphi Faulty

Hi all. Just joined the forum. Figured theres no better place for the fault ive been trying to rectify for some months now.

This car originally had injector blow outs which damaged the wiring harness due to excessive heat. I have repaired all that.

But I have a fault now which appears when I am driving, at 1/4 throttle its fine. But when I go to half throttle or try to accelerate, the engine totall cuts out, the dash guage all drop for about 2 seconds. It flashes the esp light on due to loss of communication to engine ecu. When it comes back the car comes out of limp mode. Then when I try to accelerate again it cuts out but this time stays in permanent limp home mode.

On Star diagnostics I am getting the fault code 23B3 Engine control unit internal fault.

I have already had a second hand replacement ecu cloned into the car because I had a short to earth issue to the Rail regulator valve initially as well. The cloned brain cured that issue but I still have the 23B3 fault code.

Im figuring theres a very slim chance I could have two faulty ecus.
I have by passed any engine relays also.

It almost seems like a volt drop to the engine ecu. WHen it is dropping communication to the dash it must be a total loss of CAN communication.

Please tell me someone has come across this before. Im all out of the ideas.

Thanks Paul
Old 04-12-2017, 03:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,023 Likes on 951 Posts
1999 E300TD
Based upon your observations, I think your only choice is to find another ECU. Additionally can you elaborate on your comment--- "I have by passed any engine relays also."-----------how did you accomplish that feat and get the engine to start??