Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please 2012 ML 350 BlueTec

Old 03-25-2019, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 142 Likes on 128 Posts
2012 X6 35i Sport, 2013 ML 350 BT, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2020 CRV-AWD
A kit exists.... sorta.

If you do this mod, it'd be a breeze to find a dual-filter/relocation kit. That was how I found out about this adapter to begin with.
By the time I'd finished the adapter, I decided to give it a break. Filter's at least 50% bigger, and a member here Babuk2 did the same mod and used an even bigger oil filter than I did. Off've a Cummins, I believe..
Old 03-25-2019, 10:40 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
ML350
the results are still TBD on oil samples, i mean to pull and send for a sample maybe in 2 months, and pull a sample every 3 months or so to see how things are

and just because i like showing off this monstrosity...
Old 03-25-2019, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 135 Posts
2010 Mercedes GL450; 2000 Mercedes ML55 AMG; 2016 VW GLI SEL Stick!!!
Lol.

Those oil sample tests get expensive too. For that cost you can just as well replace the oil a little sooner. Gets even cheaper with the fcp euro replacement warranty.

Originally Posted by Babukb2
the results are still TBD on oil samples, i mean to pull and send for a sample maybe in 2 months, and pull a sample every 3 months or so to see how things are

and just because i like showing off this monstrosity...
Old 03-26-2019, 09:50 AM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
W211 E320 Diesel OM642
What is the fcp replacement warranty?
Old 03-26-2019, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee
Old 03-26-2019, 11:26 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 GL350 Bluetec X166
Originally Posted by kombifan
wow that’s awesome!
Old 03-26-2019, 01:59 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
W211 E320 Diesel OM642
Looks like you can get free oil filter replacement. Perhaps even oil if you ship it back? That would be awesome
Old 03-26-2019, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,379 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Originally Posted by GoodByeHonda
Looks like you can get free oil filter replacement. Perhaps even oil if you ship it back? That would be awesome
I already check - they will replace used oil.
Too bad they don't sell tires and toilet paper.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:36 PM

ML350
Lol.

Those oil sample tests get expensive too. For that cost you can just as well replace the oil a little sooner. Gets even cheaper with the fcp euro replacement warranty.
Ya but I only mean to do it for this first year just to gauge how frequently I should change the oil, then maybe just once in a while to check up on things. First analysis from before I installed this filter came back pretty bad, I'm hoping for some better results on the next one.

Ya I've seen that fcp replacement warranty, looks tempting, but have any Canadians used it, is it still worth it?
Old 03-26-2019, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Babukb2
Ya but I only mean to do it for this first year just to gauge how frequently I should change the oil, then maybe just once in a while to check up on things. First analysis from before I installed this filter came back pretty bad, I'm hoping for some better results on the next one.

Ya I've seen that fcp replacement warranty, looks tempting, but have any Canadians used it, is it still worth it?
This is what they say about Canada.

Canada

Our favorite neighbor to the north! Frequently we are asked the following few questions but please feel free to forward any others to sales@fcpeuro.com for fastest answer

How much does it cost to ship to my address and how long will it take?
Shipping to Canada is calculated in the cart once you choose Canada as the country. Shipments to Canada will be charged a small brokerage fee around $12-$20 in addition to the normal taxes and duties for Canada, the brokerage fee is sometimes more dependent on location, cost of goods, and size of package. We do not have a way to know this cost prior to shipping.

Why is there no free shipping option to Canada? We are practically the same country!
Unfortunately this is out of our control and we are charged a much higher shipping rate to cross the border. Many customers have us use our low cost or even free service to ship within the US where they can cross the border to pick up at no cost.

Shipping still seems a little high, can you help with this?
Of course! Sometimes the shipping computed on the site can be out of line and if you see something abnormal please feel free to contact us for clarification.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:42 PM

ML350
This is what they say about Canada.

Canada

Our favorite neighbor to the north! Frequently we are asked the following few questions but please feel free to forward any others to sales@fcpeuro.com for fastest answer

How much does it cost to ship to my address and how long will it take?
Shipping to Canada is calculated in the cart once you choose Canada as the country. Shipments to Canada will be charged a small brokerage fee around $12-$20 in addition to the normal taxes and duties for Canada, the brokerage fee is sometimes more dependent on location, cost of goods, and size of package. We do not have a way to know this cost prior to shipping.

Why is there no free shipping option to Canada? We are practically the same country!
Unfortunately this is out of our control and we are charged a much higher shipping rate to cross the border. Many customers have us use our low cost or even free service to ship within the US where they can cross the border to pick up at no cost.

Shipping still seems a little high, can you help with this?
Of course! Sometimes the shipping computed on the site can be out of line and if you see something abnormal please feel free to contact us for clarification.
i saw that on their site, but that is just specific info for shipping TO canada. im more so curious if anyone from personal experience can speak to whether it is worth it to try and claim the free replacement warranty from canada. Even when i shipped the tiny oil sample to blackstone, i placed the plastic container in a tiny bubble envelope, the cheapest option to ship it with no tracking cost me about $9 CAD, if i wanted tracking i believe it was more than double the cost. If i were shipping parts for free replacement warranty i would probably be sending it insured and tracked and depending on the size of the box and weight i think it may easily start costing $50 CAD or more for shipping.

Combine that with the added cost to ship, brokerage fees, and duties when ordering parts from there, you may not be saving that much.

im currently shopping for front brakes and rotors, and that lifetime replacement warranty would be nice, but rotors and pads aren't light and id have to consider those shipping costs.