Sponsored by:

OM642 intake manifold air plates removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,744 Likes on 1,391 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
More info how you apply the cleaner E350cruiser ?
I have the stuff on my shelf for almost a year, but since my diesels run perfectly, no motivation to use it.
Right now all my diesels did get EPA modifications and 4 years extended warranty, so at least worry about repairs goes away for some time, however I like the idea of having clean intake.
The following users liked this post:
Pmount1! (04-01-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 03:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 E350 blutec
Hey Kajtek, i normally remove the y pipe from the turbo and try and keep the rpm at least at 1000, then i hold the nozzle close to the turbo and spray it in short bursts into the turbo. i dont know if this is bad for the turbo ,but with the amount of oil that has been sucked into the intake system from the pcv , it has to be filthy.
I can get through about a third of the can and if the wind is blowing correctly i can smell it in the exhaust. By the time im done and get the y pipe back on it really smells, very strong odor. Then when I take the car for a ride, usually 30 minutes in 1 direction at highway speed the car i think is doing a regen. smokes quite a bit when I first get on the road . Seems to be running better after the cleaning getting some of that gunk out.
Im also thinking that the intake system is getting de carboned , so thats good too. I do an oil change myself on the 5k miles , and take it to a shop for the 10k service interval. So , every 5 k it gets the cleaning and oil change. Im driving about 52 miles to and from work every day. most of it is on the interstate and turnpike . both roads if your not doing at least 70mph youll get run off the road.
The following 2 users liked this post by E350cruiser:
kajtek1 (03-31-2021), Pmount1! (04-01-2021)
Old 03-10-2022, 11:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EQC, S Class Extended, Grace CVT.
Originally Posted by GoodByeHonda
Thanks Kajtek. I should have been more specific. While I had the intake manifolds out for cleaning, I decided to delete the air plates. Looking at how these plates are secured, over time due to buildup of carbon and oil, there is a chance these air plates can come loose and cause serious engine damage.

I've looked over reports of many owners doing the delete. All reports are: no adverse effects. I'm only concern how will the motor operate at startup with extremely low ambient temperatures which we sometimes get in my area of Ontario.
How is the delete working out so far?
Old 03-11-2022, 06:12 AM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
W211 E320 Diesel OM642
Originally Posted by Numair Aidroos
How is the delete working out so far?
No issues whatsoever under all ambient temperatures. I was concerned that perhaps it'll have issues with -20C and lower that I get in my area but there was no affect.
The following users liked this post:
Numair Aidroos (03-11-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 06:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EQC, S Class Extended, Grace CVT.
Originally Posted by GoodByeHonda
No issues whatsoever under all ambient temperatures. I was concerned that perhaps it'll have issues with -20C and lower that I get in my area but there was no affect.
Brilliant. Thank you for sharing. God willing I'm considering a Swirl flap delete and EGR valve delete. It's painstaking and cumber some to run these devices.