Diesel Forum Forum for Diesel engine vehicle related discussion

ML250 throwing code after emissions recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 06:40 PM
ekm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 ML250, 06 E320 CDI, 2008 GL320 (sold)
ML250 throwing code after emissions recall

Great little car...but hope this isn't the beginning of hell. I have about 60K on the SUV and the first check engine light came on...dealer replaced both temperature sensors. Ouch on the $199 labor rate (1 hour to diagnose) and 1 hr to repair. First code was P24C6....$790 for the replacement of both sensor (Fault Code P24C6 Temperature Sensor in Soot Sensor). While there, they did the emissions recall which I hope I will not regret. This comes with a TX NOX sensor, TS Catalytic Conv Sys (assume this is a rebuilt CAT from MB) as they have a core charge. So what is covered under the emission recall as I was surprised they temp sensors are not covered. After a day or two of driving, another code appears P0420 (P0420 definition: Catalyst system efficiency below threshold) so back to dealer on monday. How easy is it to screw up the emissions recall? I assume there is some sort of reflash on the computer but that was not listed on the work order. I need to look under the car to see what new parts can be seen.

So, is this the beginning of hell with the diesel emission system? Love my 06CDI...only replaced glow plugs!
Old 05-07-2022, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,394 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Most of owners who did AEM don't have any problems and leave positive reviews, but occasionally things break.
Sometimes I wonder if that is coincidence that things break after AEM, or just mechanics did not tight the screws, or plugs.
I performed 3 AEM on my MB and in 2 instances I had to torque dangling sensor, or secure the wires from sharp edges of heat shields.
Hard to tell.
Never heard about soot temp sensor. What year is it?
Old 05-09-2022, 07:32 AM
ekm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 ML250, 06 E320 CDI, 2008 GL320 (sold)
Originally Posted by kajtek1
Most of owners who did AEM don't have any problems and leave positive reviews, but occasionally things break.
Sometimes I wonder if that is coincidence that things break after AEM, or just mechanics did not tight the screws, or plugs.
I performed 3 AEM on my MB and in 2 instances I had to torque dangling sensor, or secure the wires from sharp edges of heat shields.
Hard to tell.
Never heard about soot temp sensor. What year is it?
My ML250 is a 2015....then the badge changed to GLE250 prior ot be discontined.
Both temp sensors were replaced.