Sponsored by:

2007 mb 320 cdi misfires on all driver side cylinders 4 5 and 6 and 2355-1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2023, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ml320 cdi
2007 mb 320 cdi misfires on all driver side cylinders 4 5 and 6 and 2355-1

About a month ago I was driving and vehicle stopped. I pulled off to shoulder and noticed a lot of diesel leaking out of the injection pump. I had the vehicle towed home and found on Google that the screws in the rear of the pump will loosen themselves up....I removed pump and took bolts out 1 by one and used blue locktite to keep them from loosening up again. I reinstalled and it started right up and ran perfectly.....I let it sit for about a month then came back to used it and it idled horribly and revs up very slowly. I checked codes on my autel scanner. Has every cylinder on driver side code on and a 2355-1. So I replaced the glow plugs with oem parts and the glow plug controller and pcv valve assembly plu s turbo gasket. No change same code. The 2355-1 said not enough air flow I swapped mass air flows. There a are 1 for each bank. No change. I also pulled egr valve to clean it was pretty clean....do I need to get another injector pump? That's where I'm leaning
thanks
Old 01-11-2023, 10:15 PM

Received 282 Likes on 198 Posts
2014 Cummins, 2014 E250 Bluetec
I dont have answer but if it says low air flow I would assume something is sticking to prevent enough air from getting in. Does it have two intakes, did a rat or squirrel build a nest in one preventing air from being drawn in. It did sit for a while. Do these have flappers in the intake that could be stuck?

Maybe pump just would think ya would get a fuel related code.
Old 01-11-2023, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ml320 cdi
Originally Posted by Quint22
I dont have answer but if it says low air flow I would assume something is sticking to prevent enough air from getting in. Does it have two intakes, did a rat or squirrel build a nest in one preventing air from being drawn in. It did sit for a while. Do these have flappers in the intake that could be stuck?

Maybe pump just would think ya would get a fuel related code.
I was thinking the swirl flap thing maybe because it's right under the turbo where the oil was leaking I replaced that seal...just weird how I fixed the pump...was running perfect came back a couple weeks later and running like poop