Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

OM651 Common rail issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2023, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Vito 113CDI
Question OM651 Common rail issue

Hi All, I have a Vito 113 CDi. When I start it and leave it to idle forever. As soon as I blip the throttle when the engine returns to idle it becomes lumpy and jumps around to the point it stops.

I have removed the plug from the QCV and no difference, If I pull the plug from the PCV on the rail the car wont start. If I pull the pressure sensing plug it is obviously guessing he car work fine. I can rev it up (in limp mode now obviously due to the circuit not being complete) but I can rev it and it will return to idle with no issue and will idle for as long as i leave it. Nice and smooth.

I made a small you tube video of how it is which is here if you want to see what it does? I have an OBD here reading he pressure at the same time so you can see what is happening.

I appreciate some people are sceptical so follow links so just open you tube and type in "Mercedes common rail diesel PCV? help diagnose 113cdi OM651.940 rough idle"

I'm leaning towards the QCV on the pump or the PCV on the rail. Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 11-23-2023, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,744 Likes on 1,391 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
What is the low fuel pressure?