Sponsored by:

Om642 bluetech Turbo Fluttering noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2024, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GL350
Question Om642 bluetech Turbo Fluttering noise

hello to all… I have posted this to GL fourms, but no response from anyone. Thought maybe it would be better to post here. i’ve come here to ask about turbo noise on the om642 engine (Gl350.) I just want to confirm if this is normal or not… When in park, and giving it some revs, it sounds like the compressor of the turbo surging when i let off the throttle after giving it some gas… but when i do it again, it sounds like a blowoff valve… just releasing the pressure into the atmosphere, and won’t do compressor surge again… I notice the compressor surge alottt when driving low speeds and building boost for like 5 seconds, then letting off. To me, I don’t like the sound… I know it’s normal for some turbo cars, as i know why it does it, and how it works… but i bothers me sometimes because…
Questions:
1. Is the compressor surge normal on these…
2. What is the reason for it to sometimes surge, or blow off
3. And do these even have Blow Off Valves?

i have attached 1 video from somewhere I had found it. No idea where the original video is from, but all credit to the original person. the other one is me. I was able to record it doing it. Of course as years pass, higher quality videos take up more space, so i wasn’t able to record much longer to upload here, but after those 2 revs it started sounding like blowoff valve…

If anyone knows about these sounds, please chime in!

Attached Files
File Type: mov
File Type: mov
IMG_3809.mov (17.03 MB, 4 views)