Sponsored by:

Bluetech Field measure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2024, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GL350
Bluetech Field measure

Hello. I have a question about getting the timing chain tensioner done for my Gl. It is still covered by the bluetch field measure warrenty, but i was wonder how do you actually get stuff done on it. Personally never had a car get sent to the dealership (bought the car with the measure done already) and when i bought the car, it had timing chain tensioner issue. Cold starts it rattles rlly bad, but if perfectly fine after. I know that you can’t send the car for stuff that was caused by ownership of the car (idk how to put this in a way, but the dealership over the phone said they won’t do repairs if for an example, a nox sensor was hit by rocks, like damaged. only if the component it’s self has failed) which clearly the tensioner is broken due to bad seal, causing oil to leak back into the motor, causing it to run dry with no pressure for 2 seconds until the engine builds oil pressure. Personally I think they will do it under warranty, but i want to make sure as i use this car everyday, and don’t want it to get stuck at the dealership having them try to figure out what caused it to fail.
I just want to know what the process of getting something under this warrenty is
Old 07-09-2024, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 685 Likes on 497 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
The dealer might be the best resource for answers to your question. Don't volunteer information, but be straight up when asked specific questions.
Old 07-10-2024, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,743 Likes on 1,390 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
I am more familiar with USA AEM, but my understanding is that the warranties are the same?
So without CEL, you might be on the hook for troubleshooting. Dealer in this case IMHO might have conflict of interest, so I would try to get test from independent shop, showing that you need parts you claim you need.
Than friendly SA at dealer can be very helpful.