E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Command Hard Drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eclass Cabriolet A207
Command Hard Drive

is CD the only format from which you can drag to command hard drive.

The option "copy music files" is not available to click when an ipod or memory stick is inserted.

does anyone know a way round this as its very time consuming burning cds to copy music to command hard drive.

anyone's help would be much appreciated.

many thanks

Alex
Old 05-06-2010, 05:29 AM

MB E250 Coupe CDI
Hi,

Purchase a PCMCIA card adaptor and you can copy from SD of CF cards. You can also play files direct off the memory card.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:44 AM

Eclass Cabriolet A207
Originally Posted by Plang1
Hi,

Purchase a PCMCIA card adaptor and you can copy from SD of CF cards. You can also play files direct off the memory card.
if i was to purchase either card, have you tried copying music from sd or cf because the sensible option is just to leave your ipod plugged in constantly but i believe the music quality will be improved coming direct from the command system.

please advise

many thanks
Old 05-06-2010, 06:02 AM

MB E250 Coupe CDI
Originally Posted by a13xgh
if i was to purchase either card, have you tried copying music from sd or cf because the sensible option is just to leave your ipod plugged in constantly but i believe the music quality will be improved coming direct from the command system.

please advise

many thanks
The command system is still playing a MP3 file, regardless if from SD memory card, internal HDD or Ipod (Really large solid state memory)

However,I have noted playing normal CD's (Not data MP3 disc's) gives better quality. MP3's are compressed.

Last edited by Plang1; 05-06-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350 convertible
Originally Posted by Plang1
Hi,

Can we buy the card adaptor outside MB?
Old 09-25-2010, 04:22 AM

E350
Originally Posted by microbe
Can we buy the card adaptor outside MB?
Computer component/accessory stores. Also, although with the capacity laptops go to these days I don't see many around, PCMCIA drives will work.

With card adapters, see if you can try first as some don't seem to work. And avoid adapters with a bulky 'facia' portion for the cards (basically any part that sticks out). Apart from looking bad, they may not fit under the volume control. They're designed for laptops/notebooks where this is not an issue.

PS: I don't know how many adapters MB sell but at least one I've seen does not support CF cards.

PPS: I find the Music Register quite unintuitive and obstructive to use having copied tracks to it so I don't. I reserve the Hard Drive for store bought CDs (where I like all or most of it) that are recognised by its Gracenote DB and let it do its thing the way its obviously happiest. The iPod/USB/DVD-R/SD etc are plenty for everything else.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:07 AM

e350 coupe 2010
you can only copy music to the hard drive as long as you are copying it from a cd, an audio cd and not even an mp3 cd...cannot copy music any other way. confirmed. Sucks! I thought id be able to record anything from anywhere (sirius, radio, mp3, sd etc)
Old 05-19-2011, 11:16 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
11 E350 Cab, 18 GLS450
I had a first generation, yes first generation 20G ipod (no video etc) I just update music on and leave in glove box locked. I only use .cda or .wav files copied to the ipod so sound is not degraded at all.
Works very well and very responsive using command as well.
Mike