E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Serious Sirius Question, Again!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:58 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
11 E350 Cab, 18 GLS450
Well I can add that I had Sirius issues in other cars as well with horrid reception. I have tested the reception in areas I know there is good reception and it still goes out, but again not only in my MB. Maybe its partially the car, but it is also certainly Sirius as well.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350C
The subject of Sirius "no service" problems, on a presumed MB-provided list of 35 presumed problem channels has been discussed for a long time, on many forums, by many posters, in many threads.

I myself have written and responded on forums about this problem as well... as recently as a few minutes ago, to this other thread on this very forum.

For me, channel 90 (which was largely what I listened to) would go out after about 5 minutes use of the Sirius radio, and not return until the vehicle "rested overnight". Next day it would once again play normally out on the road for 5-10 minutes, and then again go to "no service" and never come back (until the next morning, of course).

Solution #1 attempted by the dealership: replace my 2010 Sirius tuner module part for my 2010 E350C with the corresponding part from the 2011 model. ==> NO EFFECT. Same problem.

Solution #2, after having my car again for several days: chase the antenna cable from the trunk (where the tuner module lives) up to the roof-mount bracket. There they discovered (after removing the headliner to examine the roof-mount bracket for the antenna) that the mounting bolt was NOT TORQUED DOWN TIGHTLY, and that the roof antenna was thus NOT MAKING PROPER CONTACT WITH THE GROUNDING PLATE BENEATH IT. They tightened it securely, reattached the headliner, and VOILA!!! Sirius radio now works perfectly! No loss of channels, on 90 nor any of the other 35 channels on the so-called "problem channel list".

It's been 2 months since that "roof-antenna mounting bolt tightening" repair, and my Sirius radio has been 100% perfect. ZERO FAILURES.

They have used this same solution at the dealership for two other vehicles since then, and also reported 100% success.

At least one other forum poster in Illinois just this week had his dealer do the same thing on his 2011 E550C, and reports that for him too the Sirius radio is now working 100% successfully.

===>> appears to NOT be a problem with Sirius, or these channels, or the MB Sirius tuner module. Appears to be a simple roof-antenna mounting bolt bracket factory assembly defect, where it's just not tightened down enough.

I suggest you ask your dealer to examine the roof-mounting bolt in your vehicle. At least try it.

My dealership has notified MB service of this issue, and I believe it's now a known national service advisory as a very possible likely solution for this national problem.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:07 PM

E350C
I am having the same issue with mine. Same symptoms as the rest of you. I guess it's a trip to the dealer for me too.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63
How exactly is the firmware updated, and how can you tell which version you are running?
Old 09-04-2011, 09:31 PM

E350 Coupe
I originally started this thread and am happy to report that it appears that the dealer finally found and fixed my reception problem. They did replace my antenna but after removing the headliner they said that they located a defective cable that runs from the Sirius reciever to the head unit. In my opinion after four visits to the dealer they must remove the headliner and check all connections and cables. It's been three months now...my wife uses Sirius constantly and has had no interruptions in service. Supposably MB is now aware of this problem.