E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

correct gromets for digifit weathertech floor mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 e350 coupe
Red face correct gromets for digifit weathertech floor mats

Hi

I received a set of "digitalfit" floor mats for christmas by "Weathertech". There was 2 large moulded holes in the drivers mat where it normally mounts onto the factory studs for the factory floor mats to attach and prevent slippage, however nothing supplied to mount the mats to these studs.

After a couple of days I noticed the mat slipping forward probably because there is no mounting grommets for the mats to attach to the factory stud and thus the mat slides forward in the 1-1/4" opening of the floor mat.

Has anyone else used these mats and had this problem. From a search of the forum I came across this thread

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ners-mats.html

but this is for the 212 model.

I called "Weathertech" and after over an hour on hold the operator claimed to have never heard of such a problem as I am having and states that there are no grommets supplied.

I fing this odd as why have such a large moulded hole in the mats for a small 1/4" stud protruding upwards which the factory mats clip onto.

If anyone else has these mats can you please reply

thanks

tim
Old 01-05-2011, 09:46 AM

2010 e350 coupe
I ordered the mats about a week ago, ill write back once i get them and see if they fit correctly or not.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:13 PM

2010 e350 coupe
they actually fit perfectly, however as there are no included grommets they tend to slide forwards being so thin and flexible. It appears that they made a recess in the mats to lock into the factory hold down for the drivers side, however they did not include any grommets or anything else to secure the mat to the floor and they now push forwards.