E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

seat upgrade worth it.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bmw 550i
seat upgrade worth it.

Hello all, I've been looking for an E550 coupe the last couple days and couldn't quite find one with the options that I thought I wanted. P2 a must, but now I'm wavering on the apperance package. I know I can do without the pedals, steering wheel, and wheels, but I really do like the expanded options on the seats. Is this really a nice function to have or something that's really nice in theory, but doesn't really make a whole lot of difference in reality? If any of you guys could chime in, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 350 Coupe
Don't settle; get all the options. I have an E350 with seat heaters and all the electric memory position options. Well worth it, even in NorCal when I'm crusin' to the office @ 6AM they're great! I liked the idea of having seat coolers, especially on a black on black car (stealth fighter) like mine.

However, the pitted holes in the leather with such an option collect oils, dust, etc. and look ragged and soiled over time. It also dependeds on what color interior you go with in order to "hide" such things.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by calbear550
Hello all, I've been looking for an E550 coupe the last couple days and couldn't quite find one with the options that I thought I wanted. P2 a must, but now I'm wavering on the apperance package. I know I can do without the pedals, steering wheel, and wheels, but I really do like the expanded options on the seats. Is this really a nice function to have or something that's really nice in theory, but doesn't really make a whole lot of difference in reality? If any of you guys could chime in, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Personally, the seats were one of the main reasons I chose the E550 over the S5.

The seats are remarkable! After long road trips I do not feel fatigued or achy at all. The are the perfect blend between sport and comfort. You can essentially tailor the seat to fit your body shape/driving style

Coming from an Audi S4. The Recaro seats left me with a sore back more times than I care to recall.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
e350 coupe
You wanted the S5?this is a joke.You cannot find the luxury from a Merc in the S5.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:43 AM
PGT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E550 4Matic with P1/LED/Pano
Originally Posted by gavrocool
You wanted the S5?this is a joke.You cannot find the luxury from a Merc in the S5.
uhh, the S5 is an excellent car, just overpriced. It is in fact where I started with my search as I love how it looks, the seating position and AWD. Ended up buying the E550 Coupe instead but not because the S5 wasn't nice enough or ''luxury'' enugh.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by Coonsa
Personally, the seats were one of the main reasons I chose the E550 over the S5.

The seats are remarkable! After long road trips I do not feel fatigued or achy at all. The are the perfect blend between sport and comfort. You can essentially tailor the seat to fit your body shape/driving style.
Interesting - I like the look of the E Coupe seats but I find them very uncomfortable, even with the multicontour option. FWIW I'm 6' tall and lean.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 373 Likes on 325 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
Originally Posted by YYZ-E55
Interesting - I like the look of the E Coupe seats but I find them very uncomfortable, even with the multicontour option. FWIW I'm 6' tall and lean.
I find W207 coupe's seats more comfotable than W212 sedan's. Sedan's cushin is too short, about 2" shorter than in W211 for example. I'm hitting that ugly "under' seat storage box all the time while in sedan - in sedan, its next to the seat instead of under it. I have no such problem in a coupe. Wonder why no one else complains about short cushin in sedan, I know its a coupe forum, but in any case.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by threeMBs
I find W207 coupe's seats more comfotable than W212 sedan's. Sedan's cushin is too short, about 2" shorter than in W211 for example. I'm hitting that ugly "under' seat storage box all the time while in sedan - in sedan, its next to the seat instead of under it. I have no such problem in a coupe. Wonder why no one else complains about short cushin in sedan, I know its a coupe forum, but in any case.
My issue is with the rake of the lower part of the seat, which affects all MB models except the B-Class. I cannot get the front edge of the seat bottom high enough (or back edge of the seat bottom low enough) versus BMW, for example.