E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My '12 E350C has been built.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 01:19 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
My '12 E350C has been built.

To all the friends I've made here:

My salesman e mailed me yesterday that my car has been built and is awaiting transportation to the ship.

To put my rather poorly suppressed, child-like excitement in perspective: I have been waiting for this car since April, 2010, when I had ordered a '10 E350C and found out immediately thereafter about the significant changes in the '12. Dealer let me out of that first order and here we are.

Can anyone take a stab at approx. how long it generally takes at this stage to reach the dealer in PA, U.S.?
Old 07-17-2011, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11 E550 Cabriolet
Congrats on the new ride. Last yr my E550A was built and ready to be put on the ship in mid Sept. Got to NY pier approx mid Oct and took another week to clear customs and get shipped to dealer. Based on this it looks like you'll be seeing your car in about 4 - 5 weeks. There is/was a way to get the name of the boat your car is loaded on and track it's progress across the Atlantic. Might want to talk to you dealer about this.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B8.5 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Coupe
congrats Al, I bet you're having more sleepless nights now! Looking forward to seeing pictures of it, especially with the revised dials and steering wheel. I've heard that for cars in the states it takes around 5 weeks so shouldn't be that long!

I'm actually looking at Nissan GTR's at the minute but don't think I'd be able to part with my beloved E... just the rush that comes with having a blisteringly quick car that makes it seem attractive!
Old 07-18-2011, 01:32 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by rhampar
......There is/was a way to get the name of the boat your car is loaded on and track it's progress across the Atlantic. Might want to talk to you dealer about this.
Thanks very much. That time line sounds reasonable.

As for tracking the shipment, I have the below website as a possibility, as long as the dealer can provide me with the car's VIN. The salesman said he'd keep me up to date as best as possible re VIN and ship, and, if all else fails, would at least let me know when it hits port. He's been reasonably responsive so far.

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

Old 07-18-2011, 01:55 PM

2011 E550 Coupe
Congrats! You sound like a kid in a toy store waiting to bring his toy car home to play!!
Old 07-18-2011, 02:08 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Dr-Nab
congrats Al, I bet you're having more sleepless nights now! Looking forward to seeing pictures of it, especially with the revised dials and steering wheel. I've heard that for cars in the states it takes around 5 weeks so shouldn't be that long!

I'm actually looking at Nissan GTR's at the minute but don't think I'd be able to part with my beloved E... just the rush that comes with having a blisteringly quick car that makes it seem attractive!
Hey Dr-Nab, good to see you back from over here! Hope your trip was profitable and/or fun.

How have you made out with respect to the wheel and tire damage? I certainly hope it's been resolved favorably, after all this time.

Sleepless nights indeed. I have got to be less miserly and stop keeping cars for 11 long years. Makes it that much harder to wait for a new one.

I'll definitely have the camera equipment at the ready and will get those shots you'd like, along with many others. The salesman keeps telling me this car will be either the first or one of the first with the new U.S. red/black leather interior, which should also be of interest for others to see.

There seems to be a bit of confusion about the new steering wheel. Some are saying all the 350's and 550's will get it. Others have said only the 550's will see it. I would indeed like to have it.

I am also believing the rumors are true about no 6 disc changers in the first shipments due to supply problems. The salesman included the total MSRP in his build notice. Allowing for the presumed-correct $950 price increase on the base MSRP, the total MSRP for mine was only $550 higher. I suspect that, in line with rumors, the P2 package was lowered $400 to compensate for substituting a single disc player. I've asked the salesman to break out the costs item by item.

I'm also anxious to see if they ship those same very nice AMG 18" wheels on the '12 as came on the '11's. Equally important to me, I hope they are the Michelin Primacy MXM tires instead of Pirelli's or similar. Much research has me convinced the Michelins will ride noticably better than the harsh ride I experienced on the P Zero Nero's I test drove. Every little bit helps when it comes to the ol' kidneys and the stiffer-version sport suspension on these cars.

I just now looked at the GTR for the first time on Edmunds. I can see why you're considering it. I love the way the interior seats are done in the red/black shown. I kind of wish the E350C's seats were done that way, with more of an emphasis on the black than the red.

The exterior of the GTR to me is sending a wholly different message from the A/C207. I suppose both designs are equally typical of the builders. Just my opinion, but if I could "only" afford one or the other, I'd stick with that gorgeous cab. I don't know what's under the hood of the GTR though.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:21 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by mb23
Congrats! You sound like a kid in a toy store waiting to bring his toy car home to play!!
You nailed it!

And, trust me, this one will get more than the 33,700 miles I put on the old CLK in 11 years. A genuine embarrassment every time I took it in for service. My service advisor (who has become a friend) has threatened more than once to "re-possess" my car, citing the rarely-invoked Mercedes Benz FU clause - "Failure to Use!"

Er, what did you think I meant?

Many thanks for your wishes.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:56 PM

2012 e-350 convertible, Smart for two (with turbo) and Honda Pilot
Just turned in my 2007 CLK 550 with 26m miles. I was leasing through another lender and the buyout was $27,500, plus tax. They would not negoitate on the price, so back it went. Every time I called the lender they asked waht they could do to get me to buy the car, just not lower the price. Oh well.

Instead, I just took delivery of a 2012 E-350 convertible. It came off the boat on July 12 or 13 and arrived at the Coral Gables MB on Jul 15. The MSRP was $72,205 (TandH - $875). I was able to lease it for $500 below invoice, through USAA's incentive program. It took a while to get USAA to recognize the model year, but the incentive was $2,000 off of the USAA negotiated cost, which worked out to $500 below invoice.

Car is fully optioned, with exception of Distronic. Is had the 6-cd changer, Prem 2, Wood Trim, Appearance Package, Lane Tracking, All season tires, Partronic, mbrace, Burl Walnut trim, Blue soft top, Quartz blue paint, Illuminated door sills (whoopee), wheel locks, rear spoiler. I got it right off of the transport truck so no dealer add-ons like fabric or paint protector, no door moldings, no undercoat protection. That said, they did charge a bank fee of $1,095, which I was told included gap insurance costing about $750 and of course the old "service fee" of $589 (which I have always assumed was dealer profit.)

Res val = .52%
Money rate = .0024 (which I was told was their Tier 1a (or best money rate).

Car is beautiful, but does not sound as good as the old 2007 CLK550. But, it sure does ride nice.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:48 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Raiden
Just turned in my 2007 CLK 550 with 26m miles. I was leasing through another lender and the buyout was $27,500, plus tax. They would not negoitate on the price, so back it went. Every time I called the lender they asked waht they could do to get me to buy the car, just not lower the price. Oh well.

Instead, I just took delivery of a 2012 E-350 convertible. It came off the boat on July 12 or 13 and arrived at the Coral Gables MB on Jul 15. The MSRP was $72,205 (TandH - $875). I was able to lease it for $500 below invoice, through USAA's incentive program. It took a while to get USAA to recognize the model year, but the incentive was $2,000 off of the USAA negotiated cost, which worked out to $500 below invoice.

Car is fully optioned, with exception of Distronic. Is had the 6-cd changer, Prem 2, Wood Trim, Appearance Package, Lane Tracking, All season tires, Partronic, mbrace, Burl Walnut trim, Blue soft top, Quartz blue paint, Illuminated door sills (whoopee), wheel locks, rear spoiler. I got it right off of the transport truck so no dealer add-ons like fabric or paint protector, no door moldings, no undercoat protection. That said, they did charge a bank fee of $1,095, which I was told included gap insurance costing about $750 and of course the old "service fee" of $589 (which I have always assumed was dealer profit.)

Res val = .52%

Car is beautiful, but does not sound as good as the old 2007 CLK550. But, it sure does ride nice.
Thank you very much for re-posting here Raiden. You certainly equipped your new car very nicely. Being a '12, I'm sure it will be of special interest to many who read this forum. It came through customs really quickly.

And now, those questions I threatened to ask.

Time elapsed between the day you placed the order and the day you picked up the car?

Does the car really have the 6 disc DVD changer or is it just a single disc player? I ask because the P2 package is $400 less than last year and many have said that's because the changers were unavailable and the player had to be substituted. Could the many be wrong?

Did your Appearance Package equipped car ship with Michelin Primacy MXM tires, I hope? My post above explains why I ask.

Is your steering wheel a 3-spoke AMG or a plain 4-spoke? There was a question as to whether all the '12 A and C207's get the new steering wheel or just the 550 versions.

After you've driven it for a while, please let us know how you like the new V6 engine and trans. Things like responsiveness, smooth idle, etc. That engine has been in use for a while across the pond, but it had to be tweaked/scaled down a bit for use in the U.S.A., due to sulfur-laced fuel here.

Again, my best wishes for many miles of smiles with your new Benz.

Please post pictures if and when possible!

Old 07-18-2011, 08:08 PM

2012 e-350 convertible, Smart for two (with turbo) and Honda Pilot
2012 E350 CAb:
It does have the 6 cd player
It cam with "all weather" tires which are the Pirelli P Zero Nero 18" (AMG Appearence Package)
The sterring wheel is the wood trim three spoke.

We received the car about three hours after we reserved it. . . . It was already on a truck from Georgia to Coral Gables. The dealer had ordered it some time ago and no one had reserved it, so when we found out the 2012 would cost almost the same as the 2011, we decided to go with the 2012. besides, they only had three 2011 cabs and they were either white or black, which we did not want. Black is too hot and white is too hard to keep clean. IMHO.

It arrived Friday and I do not think it would have lasted the weekend before someone would have picked it up, it is that nice. My wife was driving the old clk550 and is driving this one. She thinks the sound is not as nice as the 550, but that it actually rides better than the 2007 clk 550 cab, plus it really does look a lot nicer.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:11 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
2012 E350 CAb:
It does have the 6 cd player
It cam with "all weather" tires which are the Pirelli P Zero Nero 18" (AMG Appearence Package)
The sterring wheel is the wood trim three spoke.

We received the car about three hours after we reserved it. . . . It was already on a truck from Georgia to Coral Gables. The dealer had ordered it some time ago and no one had reserved it, so when we found out the 2012 would cost almost the same as the 2011, we decided to go with the 2012. besides, they only had three 2011 cabs and they were either white or black, which we did not want. Black is too hot and white is too hard to keep clean. IMHO.

It arrived Friday and I do not think it would have lasted the weekend before someone would have picked it up, it is that nice. My wife was driving the old clk550 and is driving this one. She thinks the sound is not as nice as the 550, but that it actually rides better than the 2007 clk 550 cab, plus it really does look a lot nicer.
Thanks Raiden. Good news - bad news from my perspective.

I'm glad the car has the changer.

Those P Zero Nero's, with the sport suspension that comes with the Appearance Package, were on the '10 E350C test car I drove last year. I thought the ride was very unpleasant - like concrete instead of springs. Plus, the car wanted to wander on some highway surfaces, needing constant steering corrections. I was hoping to get the same Michelin MXM4's I've seen come in on '11 A207 E350's. I may have to switch them out.

Sounds like you had great timing getting this car. Continued enjoyment to you and your wife. Would love to see pix of that quartz blue color on the cab.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:40 AM

11 E550A Cabrio; 13 VW GTI Autob 14 FJ Cruiser, 14 Ural GearUp
I think I saw you in your new car Thursday evening coming into Coconut Grove. Mine is a 2011 E550A, same colour combination. Nice ride.

Res val = .52%

Old 07-22-2011, 09:19 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
Great news Al!
Old 07-23-2011, 10:58 AM

2018 S63 Sedan and 2012 E350 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by BenzMan369
To all the friends I've made here:

My salesman e mailed me yesterday that my car has been built and is awaiting transportation to the ship.

To put my rather poorly suppressed, child-like excitement in perspective: I have been waiting for this car since April, 2010, when I had ordered a '10 E350C and found out immediately thereafter about the significant changes in the '12. Dealer let me out of that first order and here we are.

Can anyone take a stab at approx. how long it generally takes at this stage to reach the dealer in PA, U.S.?
Congrats BenzMan369!!

Mine is ready too but ED is scheduled for Aug 16th. Very much looking forward.

Enjoy!!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:51 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by RJC
Great news Al!
Hey thank you RJC. Haven't seen you in these here parts for a while. How's your XKR order progressing?
Old 07-23-2011, 01:55 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by ahmadkshuja
Congrats BenzMan369!!

Mine is ready too but ED is scheduled for Aug 16th. Very much looking forward.

Enjoy!!
Thank you Sir.

I'm estimating delivery somewhere between August 12 at the earliest to August 26 at the latest. I haven't asked the dealer to be more specific. Sounds like you did.

I hope the time passes more quickly for you than it is for me. But, I know it won't.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:39 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by BenzMan369
Hey thank you RJC. Haven't seen you in these here parts for a while. How's your XKR order progressing?
Hey Al. Had to move it back a slot in production because I changed from the stock 19's to the 20" R Nevis rims. Never thought I'd go for 20's but the XKR is a big could/cab and they fill out the fenders so nicely.
Can't wait to see your delivery pics, those are always the best as the car in it's most pristine state.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:46 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by RJC
Hey Al. Had to move it back a slot in production because I changed from the stock 19's to the 20" R Nevis rims. Never thought I'd go for 20's but the XKR is a big could/cab and they fill out the fenders so nicely.
Can't wait to see your delivery pics, those are always the best as the car in it's most pristine state.
Wow, with those rims that is going to be - as my son would say - AWESOME!

You are so right re delivery being the most pristine state - especially with black. I'll definitely post pix.

Tick...tick........tick..............tick......... ........tick.............................

Einstein was right - time does indeed slow down as you approach the moment of new car delivery....or something like that.

Last edited by BenzMan369; 07-24-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:24 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
port of Baltimore? after a couples of weeks at sea?
hehe, our cars might be on the same boat........
if it is that port, you're closer than me to getting your new car, awesome.....
enjoy the hell out of it!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:02 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by hyperion667
port of Baltimore? after a couples of weeks at sea?
hehe, our cars might be on the same boat........
if it is that port, you're closer than me to getting your new car, awesome.....
enjoy the hell out of it!
Thank you so much Hype!

This is the most fun, most mutually supportive Website/Forums I've ever come across. I've got more posts in three months than other sites to which I've belonged for 3 years! I'd say by your count that your experience is similar.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to put the squeeze on my salesman for more shipping info. I've been trying to lay off him, as I've bugged him with e mails on many other things, figuring it'll get here when it gets here.

Is it usually Baltimore for PA dealer deliveries? It's times like this I wish I still had the boat I sold last year. I'd grab a slip in the Inner Harbor and set up a surveillance. Trust me, that would be the only time I would ever wish I still had the boat.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:15 PM

2012 BMW F30 (328i) Sport Line
Al,

Congrats on the 12' E coupe... can't wait to see those gorgeous pictures! I just joined the forum yesterday and I've gotten so much help/support/advice it's just incredible. I was referred to your car by Dr-Nab since I am between E/C coupe (while waiting up to afford the Cab!) and am obsessed with red leather. The count down has begun!
Old 07-25-2011, 01:53 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Ryan9095
Al,

Congrats on the 12' E coupe... can't wait to see those gorgeous pictures! I just joined the forum yesterday and I've gotten so much help/support/advice it's just incredible. I was referred to your car by Dr-Nab since I am between E/C coupe (while waiting up to afford the Cab!) and am obsessed with red leather. The count down has begun!
Thanks Ryan and welcome.

I dunno if I squeezed my salesman a little too hard or what, but without my even asking him he just e mailed me that my car has cleared customs and he may be staring at it by the end of the week! I didn't expect this news for another two weeks or so. EMS just left here and said I'll probably live to drive it.

As for the red leather, the salesman said mine would be either the first one with the black exterior red/black interior or close to the first, as this is the first year MB has offered it for the E Class coupes/cabs in the U.S. version. I'm as anxious to see it as you and so is he.

There are some other good discussions scattered on other threads re the new C Coupe. Of course, I'm biased towards the E and don't mind digging deeper for what I think is a much nicer or perhaps more "elegant" design and furnishings.

Then there are the lines of the C coupe. Don't want to offend anyone, but I've owned two Honda Accord Coupes. Every time I see a picture of the new C Coupe, that's exactly what it reminds me of. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I also like the fact that, in my area at least, there are very few E Coupes/Cabs on the road. Each one looks distinctive and unique, even into the third model year.

When I do the photo shoot, I'll try for some good interior shots for you and others who have asked.

Dr-Nab's great photos are what finally convinced me to go with the red. However, it may be that the U.S. version is not exactly the same shade, etc. It's tough to tell from internet pix. We shall see.

Last edited by BenzMan369; 07-25-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:13 PM

Al,

The anticipation is killing me! You must be dying… I remember the feeling all too well when I knew my BMW was sitting at the port (like the 3+ month order isn’t long enough!). The only reason I considered looking at Benz was the introduction of the red leathers in the interior; it’s a must in my opinion! I think it’s just a great contrast with pretty much any colour and adds that aggressive/sporty vibe.

Unfortunately, I’ve heard a lot of comparisons with the C Coupe to the Honda Accord. I’m hoping it will look better in person when it debuts here in the States. I have a feeling the E provides more quality for the money and adds that exclusive edge.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to the photo shoot. It’s going to one exciting day! Keep us posted

Last edited by Ryan9095; 07-25-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:39 PM

Hey Al!

Just wanted to say a quick hi. Any update on the coupe?

Ryan
Old 08-10-2011, 01:19 AM

BMW X5 and getting a 2012 E Coupe
what price did you get it for base on the invoice price?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My '12 E350C has been built.