E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

"My New 2012 E350 Coupe"-New Pix: Black-Red/Black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 11:56 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by mb23
Sick! Well worth the wait I bet!
Thank you mb.

Yes, it was definitely worth the wait - which actually began April, 2010, when I first test drove an E350 Coupe, then heard about the pending changes for the '12's.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Looks great!
Old 08-13-2011, 05:02 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Looks great!
Thanks BenzoBoi. Much appreciated!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:40 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by BenzMan369
Re waiting, yes, that sure does make two of us!

So sorry to hear of the continuing medical difficulty. I know how frustrating that can be, although not from personal experience. My cousin's husband suffered a similar experience. Coupled with degenerative spine issues, he had to take early retirement from a top position in an international corporation.

Many thanks for the tip re the Collings Foundation. Will check it out.

Thanks Al, my life has been turned upside down by an injection.
I'm sorry to hear about your cousin's husband, I know what he must be going through.

I have been waffling about passing on the 2012 XKR and getting the new 2013 XE; what do you think?
http://m.automobilemag.com/features/..._xe/index.html

Last edited by RJC; 08-17-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:37 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by RJC
Thanks Al, my life has been turned upside down by an injection.
I'm sorry to hear about your cousin's husband, I know what he must be going through.

I have been waffling about passing on the 2012 XKR and getting the new 2013 XE; what do you think?
http://m.automobilemag.com/features/..._xe/index.html
I can't tell you how much I hate hearing how folk's lives have been altered by medical miscues. Yes, my cousin's husband was transformed from a vibrant, energetic, world-traveling go-getter and "man-in-charge" personality to a virtual semi-invalid now on permanent disability.

Actually, I did have an experience as a 13 year old. Was given very powerful steroids to treat asthmatic hayfever back when they didn't know much about side effects. I kind of "missed" my teenage years and didn't feel like a "normal" human being again until I was almost 19. Still, I had the chance to heal and go forward with life as a fully healthy person.

I took a quick look at both cars and I have to say, I am hardpressed to make that choice. I think you're going for a convertible(?) The coupe XKR is dead sexy, but I think I like the XE convertible's overall look better, with those flared rear fenders. They remind me of the E CoupeCab flared fenders - but in an entirely new context.

I don't know too much other than that about either car, like what's lurking under the hood, anticipated performance, etc. Similar power and performance stats?

If the XE is definitely going to be available to see in the flesh without waiting so long you're jumping out of your skin, I think it could pay to see and drive it. It's a great looking automobile.

I'll say one thing for sure, you have great patience. And that can really pay off in the long run. I'm so glad I waited the extra 14 months to get the '12 version of my car. It's absolutely not the same performer as the '10 I drove.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:53 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

I can't tell you how much I hate hearing how folk's lives have been altered by medical miscues. Yes, my cousin's husband was transformed from a vibrant, energetic, world-traveling go-getter and "man-in-charge" personality to a virtual semi-invalid now on permanent disability.

Actually, I did have an experience as a 13 year old. Was given very powerful steroids to treat asthmatic hayfever back when they didn't know much about side effects. I kind of "missed" my teenage years and didn't feel like a "normal" human being again until I was almost 19. Still, I had the chance to heal and go forward with life as a fully healthy person.

I took a quick look at both cars and I have to say, I am hardpressed to make that choice. I think you're going for a convertible(?) The coupe XKR is dead sexy, but I think I like the XE convertible's overall look better, with those flared rear fenders. They remind me of the E CoupeCab flared fenders - but in an entirely new context.

I don't know too much other than that about either car, like what's lurking under the hood, anticipated performance, etc. Similar power and performance stats?

If the XE is definitely going to be available to see in the flesh without waiting so long you're jumping out of your skin, I think it could pay to see and drive it. It's a great looking automobile.

I'll say one thing for sure, you have great patience. And that can really pay off in the long run. I'm so glad I waited the extra 14 months to get the '12 version of my car. It's absolutely not the same performer as the '10 I drove.
Please tell your cousin's husband he is not alone and to keep the faith; I've become a pseudo expert on Neuro issues so if he needs any info please pm me. There are more and more stories of totally unnecessary medical errors and many harmed patients don't even pursue legal action because they're too sick to do so.

My new found patience for cars is due to my nerve damage; if I felt well I'd be climbing the walls waiting; it's amazing how illness/pain changes ones priorities to what's really important in life. I'm glad your run in with high dose steroids had a happy ending I was treated with steroid IV's to try to calm the inflammation from the epidural.

The power to weight ratio of the new XE vs the current XK are very close and there is an all new xk due for MY 2014, the new XK's will be a true 2+2 and move even more upmarket ( I got this directly from the regional jag rep when I ordered the 12 XKR) The one thing I never liked about the XK's is they are a big 2 door, the XE is the perfect size. There are no official pics just yet but the jag rep told me he saw a pre-production coupe and it was stunning. I think I may wait and hope the good Lord wiling I also feel better by then.

I am so pleased you waited for the 12 as it's now about perfect, especially in black/burgundy

Best regards,

Last edited by RJC; 08-17-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:10 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
Thanks RJC. I'll mention our discussion here to my cousin.

Ref. the 2013 XE, I found this video.
http://www.insideline.com/jaguar/xe/...xe_ss_111.html

I guess it's not known at this point if appearance changes may be made prior to production? Says this is a prototype.

I had to laugh. My new one with the new engine makes a similar "growl" if you punch it in Sport mode. While it will definitely press you back in the seat, my gut tells me the XE may be "a bit" more serious about what happens while it's growling.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:03 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks Al, nice find on the video.

Here's some new info, it appears the XE will show in Sept at Frankfurt

http://www.leftlanenews.com/jaguar-xe.html
Old 08-21-2011, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 BMW F30 (328i) Sport Line
RJC,

You are going to love the Jag. My Dad just bought a XKR Portfolio Edition for his "fun" car and it is stunning, fast, sporty, and elegant. It's a car that compromises nothing (and it's fast as hell :]) Regarding the XE I've heard it's going to be a smaller more affordable version of the XK. Did your rep hint on any potential pricing?
Old 08-22-2011, 12:05 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ryan9095
RJC,

You are going to love the Jag. My Dad just bought a XKR Portfolio Edition for his "fun" car and it is stunning, fast, sporty, and elegant. It's a car that compromises nothing (and it's fast as hell :]) Regarding the XE I've heard it's going to be a smaller more affordable version of the XK. Did your rep hint on any potential pricing?
Hi Ryan,

The car is rumored to be in the 60-70k range, although the length is shortened the width is supposed to remain the same. I love the XKR but it is a big 2 door and coming from many 911's I'm beginning to wonder if it may be too big with the XE being just right. I will see what the lease rates are on the 12 XKR i have coming and if they're reasonable I'll still take it for 2 years then go for the XER. If the lease rates are poor i may pass as xk's have terrible resale value. The XE is supposed to make it's first appearance as a concept next month in Frankfurt. Here's a link to the thread I started in the jag forum which contains some extra links; is your Dad a member there?

http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk...inosaur-59214/

Last edited by RJC; 08-22-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:54 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by RJC
Thanks Al, nice find on the video.

Here's some new info, it appears the XE will show in Sept at Frankfurt

http://www.leftlanenews.com/jaguar-xe.html
VERY nice sculpting RJC! That didn't show up as well in the video I had found.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:19 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

VERY nice sculpting RJC! That didn't show up as well in the video I had found.
Thanks Al...it's definetly purdy.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:47 PM

2012 BMW F30 (328i) Sport Line
RJC,

I checked out that link you gave me about the XE... tbh I think it looks like the "poor man's" XK. You know? Like you couldn't afford the "real" one. The only problem is it's all speculation... won't truly know until they release a real life model.

With that said, I really like the idea of downsizing the XK. The car is massive for it's size. My Dad has to park it on a side angle because the nose is too long to fit into the garage! Jag's new ownership is proving strong and I'm really liking the new direction they are taking with modernizing a classic brand. I'm sure the XE will be revolutionary and look amazing but not sure... just seems like the SLK to the SL, any other Porsche roader vs the 911, the 5 series to the 7.

Regarding the forum, my Dad isn't part of anything. My Mom and Dad have been Jag owners since before I was even born (they each get a new one every 2 years for 20 some odd years.. you do the math) so maybe I should get him hooked!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:25 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ryan9095
RJC,

I checked out that link you gave me about the XE... tbh I think it looks like the "poor man's" XK. You know? Like you couldn't afford the "real" one. The only problem is it's all speculation... won't truly know until they release a real life model.

With that said, I really like the idea of downsizing the XK. The car is massive for it's size. My Dad has to park it on a side angle because the nose is too long to fit into the garage! Jag's new ownership is proving strong and I'm really liking the new direction they are taking with modernizing a classic brand. I'm sure the XE will be revolutionary and look amazing but not sure... just seems like the SLK to the SL, any other Porsche roader vs the 911, the 5 series to the 7.

Regarding the forum, my Dad isn't part of anything. My Mom and Dad have been Jag owners since before I was even born (they each get a new one every 2 years for 20 some odd years.. you do the math) so maybe I should get him hooked!
Hi Ryan,

The car you are referring to looking like "a poor mans XK " is an XE test mule covered in actual XK shortened parts. There are some other pics of renderings here and in the jag forum of the new XE; it's quite nice. Tell me what you think when you check out the renderings.

YES! The car is large and one of my biggest gripes as I've written on both forums. Why not get the ole man on the Jag forum, he might like it!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:32 PM

2012 Mercedes E350
I love the looks of your car, very nice with the black/red...definitely something for me to consider. And I agree on the wheels. Looks great!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:37 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by cgib
I love the looks of your car, very nice with the black/red...definitely something for me to consider. And I agree on the wheels. Looks great!
Thanks. It all depends on the look you're going for, I guess. There are other more "typically Mercedes elegant" interiors, but the red/black leather tries to make a sporty statement, which I was ready to do this time around.

It really does look great with the aggressive lines of the E350 Coupe in black.

Thanks for bumping this thread.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:59 PM

bmw
I spoke to an MB salesman who said that the 2012 e 350 coupe's suspension was tweaked and is less harsh. How's the ride?
Old 09-29-2011, 11:59 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by munchen
I spoke to an MB salesman who said that the 2012 e 350 coupe's suspension was tweaked and is less harsh. How's the ride?
Having driven the car for two months now, most of my body parts are adjusting to what I consider to be a harsher ride than I would like. My kidneys still have some adjusting to do. Others may have a different opinion, of course.

Also, it depends somewhat on road conditions in your area. If you have
poorly maintained roads, you will constantly be reminded of the harsher ride. On good roads, the ride is steady and serene.

I don't know about '12 suspension tweaks. However, bear in mind there are two versions of the suspension available for this car. The standard suspension does indeed ride softer than the "sport" suspension that comes as part of the optional "Appearance Package." I have the Appearance Package that includes the sport suspension.

Despite the stiffer ride, I am absolutely not sorry I have this option. First, the car sits slightly lower and IMO looks much better. Second, the Package comes standard with 18" AMG wheels which IMO look beautiful and complement the car perfectly. Finally, compared to what I have driven in the past, this car handles superbly! Combined with '12 steering tweaks and the new steering wheel, the car's handling has a precise and very quick, responsive feel to it at all reasonable speeds. It really does feel "sporty" to me.

Some folks have said that part of the stiff ride is also due to the Pirelli P Zero Nero 18" UHP tires that come with the Package. Researching these tires, it does seem that they ride harder than other options. When the time comes, I'll be replacing them with 18" Michelin MXM4 Grand Touring tires. This may change the car's handling characteristics somwhat, since they are a different type of tire, but it may soften the ride a bit and they will also wear better. MB has in fact shipped some A207's (haven't seen them on a C207) with these Michelins. It may have been an option that I missed when I placed my order. Don't forget that, regardless of brand, the larger 18" wheels/tires themselves can ride harder than the 17" that come standard with this car without the Appearance Package. To me though, the car just doesn't look right with the smaller wheels/tires.

Suggest you try to drive the car with both suspensions and see what you think.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:02 PM

bmw
[quote=BenzMan369;4852942]Having driven the car for two months now, most of my body parts are adjusting to what I consider to be a harsher ride than I would like. My kidneys still have some adjusting to do. Others may have a different opinion, of course.
>>>

thanks for the good comments.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:51 AM

2010 C207, 2011 R172
Lovely car!

The orange side markers should be banned!

Can they be changed to white with Osram Diadem or LEDs?

Br.

Hakon Lykaas

Here is a more complete picture set, friends.

I know there's a separate thread devoted to pix of these cars, but thought I'd highlight it here in view of the interest expressed in the new-to-the-U.S. red/black leather interior.

According to my dealer, this is the first '12 E350C to hit the Port of Baltimore with this exterior-interior color combo (until someone else here proves me a liar).

The first shot of the new straight-line DRL's is with the headlights off. The second with the headlights on. I loved the hockey-stick lights on the previous models, but IMO this design better fits the car's aggressive character.

I'll post pix of the interior in another thread.

I hope these will be of interest. I'll be happy to respond to any additional questions or comments, especially as I gain more experience with this car.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:36 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by HakonLykaas
The orange side markers should be banned!

Can they be changed to white with Osram Diadem or LEDs?

Br.

Hakon Lykaas
Thank you.

I'm not much into mods, but I do think the orange side markers can be swapped out for clear or something else. Dr-Nab, a frequent poster here, may be able to answer this. I've read in other forums that swapping standard light bulbs for LED's can sometimes cause problems due to the car's computerized lights monitoring system. Don't know for sure.