E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My 2012 with 2011 DRL's....Very pissed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Angry My 2012 with 2011 DRL's....Very pissed

Hey All
has anyone complained to MB about getting 2011 leftover parts on their 2012? And are they willing to retrofit the bumper with the 2012 DRL's? Another issue is that the 6 disc changer is a standard option included in all vehicles. Well mine did not come with the changer. I'm also wondering if the COMMAND 4.5 for North America was supposed to get the google integration? I read something about that in an article seemed legit and that's not in my COMMAND. I'm checking to see what else they may have not been included. Very frustrating when you spend so much for a luxury vehicle and you don't get what's promised! So if anyone has complained and gotten any results please let me know thanks.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:01 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
Also I should say I sent a not so nice email to MB Canada and my wife to the dealership manager to express our displeasure.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
There should also be a jar of Grey Poupon in the center console. I thought all E's had the 6 disk changer. Maybe it is something simple like a connector. Remember, "specifications subject to change without notice". Good luck and let us know what the dealer says.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:12 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
I have the premium and AMG package. I assume the AMG is the sport since we don't have a sport package. Yeah it may sound prissy but I expect this from a honda or chrysler. Even BMW have not dissappointed any of my friends that purchased new. I just want what I paid for.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes e350 BlueTec
The six disk changer is integrated into the dash as part of comand 4.5....it looks like a single slot...are you sure you don't have the changer? When you load a CD, the system should ask you where you want to store it.

Internet capability has been turned off (it's built in, but US and perhaps NA cars are delivered with the function off). At some point, they may activate it officially. Even if activated, it will not work with current iphones due to known software incompatibilities. However, you are not missing anything....internet capability was never advertised as a feature in the US. You probably read the same European press releases we all did that talked about the new feature. You will also discover that text to speech reading of SMS messages doesn't work....that's an issue with the phones, not comand. Mercedes designed to an industry standard and the phone manufacturers didn't.

If you have the hockey stick LED's, the build plant made a mistake....and mercedes should fix that. Do you have the LED license plate lights which is just about the only other external change for the 2012's.

Which 2012 model/engine do you have?

Last edited by ghstudio; 10-20-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
I can only assume you have a coupe or cabriolet, in which case the new LEDs do not come available until September production. You're in the wrong forum.

Last edited by YYZ-E55; 10-20-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:56 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,357 Likes on 2,811 Posts
2012 CLS63
throw up some visuals of your concerns
Old 10-20-2011, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550 4Matic, 2002 M3 Vert
Originally Posted by YYZ-E55
I can only assume you have a coupe or cabriolet, in which case the new LEDs do not come available until September production. You're in the wrong forum.
Has to be the case here..
Old 10-20-2011, 12:12 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Ah, that must be it. CLK is his previous car so that makes even more sense. Otherwise this would indeed be a head scratcher.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
I went to the dealership, saw the same issues. They had 2 2012s on the lot, both didn't have the 6 disc changer! How did I know? On the eject button, there was an eject sign, not a sign of one big disc layered with smaller discs. For some reason, the changer is single slot so far...
Old 10-20-2011, 12:34 PM
MCF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Inwpuld take the single slot any day. If I do not have my 6 disc fully loaded it rattles.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Blame the single disc player on a shortage of 6 disc changers. My GLK build specs. were changed without notice.

https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...a-package.html

[Rant]
As for the LEDs, I would prefer that M-B find another location for the anemic/ineffective/joke LED light bar and retain the real fog lights.
[/Rant]

Wayne
Shopping for real fog lights for Lisa's GLK in East Texas.

Last edited by venchka; 10-20-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:04 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Thanks for the posts guys. I did insert a disc in the cd/dvd player and it didn't say anything about multiple discs. As well the salesman also said that it was a single disc player. Other things I noticed absent is the auto folding function for the side mirrors when you lock the door. I read the manual and it shows how to set the function but the feature is not listed in the spot where you can configure it according to the manual. the other thing is the heated side mirrors? how is it activated? The manual makes no mention of it and this should be a feature as well. I took possession of the car last week. The dealership did not mention that the DRL's would be the old style otherwise I would have told them to hold off until they started manufacturing them with it. In any event the manager at the dealership said he would assist in any way he can and I have already sent an email to MB Canada they want my VIN and said they will try to rectify the situation. Lets hope it's to my satisfaction. As for wrong forum YYZ-E55 sorry I just put in 2012 E350, I should have put coupe thanks.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 E550 Coupe
How'd that work out for ya? Any response? I wouldn't have taken delivery until it was corrected (the LEDs - the disc changer, I think you're s.o.l.)...

Originally Posted by Socaboy
Also I should say I sent a not so nice email to MB Canada and my wife to the dealership manager to express our displeasure.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My car won't arrive as ordered either. I think the only thing that will get anyone's attention is keeping the check book in my pocket.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Other things I noticed absent is the auto folding function for the side mirrors when you lock the door. I read the manual and it shows how to set the function but the feature is not listed in the spot where you can configure it according to the manual.
The car needs a flash update to enable the auto folding mirrors in the instrument cluster (Canada only). The first models off the line were missing the coding for this feature. No charge, of course.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

We are the ultimate QC inspectors.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B8.5 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Coupe
There are no COMAND units with the six-disc changer anymore for any market in the world, in Europe the COMAND units were switched to the COMAND Online/single-disc units back in June/July partly down to the shortage in parts - MB UK have stated that it was down to the tsunami in Japan, a bit harsh as it's a natural disaster that claimed a lot of lives which to me those lives were more valuable than a COMAND system.

Also as a heads-up to anyone who has an order placed right now, a few people are having the surprise of after selecting COMAND as an option the cars are being delivered without it, references left to parts shortages and the invoice amount being reduced by the relative amount of COMAND... so be sure to check up on that from your dealership.

Canadian cars are of a similar spec to the Euro/UK models so it's surprising that they've tried to pass your AMG-spec car off as one that is not... was at my local dealer on Wednesday (the GL had a faulty rear light replaced) and they had several E-Coupes and Cabrios awaiting final preparation and hand over with and without AMG bumpers depending on the model but all with LED DRLs.

If your dealer are willing to sort it for you then keep getting on to them until everything is as it should be, I've had to do that with mine and everything is alright now.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:00 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Thanks for the posts guys. I did insert a disc in the cd/dvd player and it didn't say anything about multiple discs. As well the salesman also said that it was a single disc player. Other things I noticed absent is the auto folding function for the side mirrors when you lock the door. I read the manual and it shows how to set the function but the feature is not listed in the spot where you can configure it according to the manual. the other thing is the heated side mirrors? how is it activated? The manual makes no mention of it and this should be a feature as well. I took possession of the car last week. The dealership did not mention that the DRL's would be the old style otherwise I would have told them to hold off until they started manufacturing them with it. In any event the manager at the dealership said he would assist in any way he can and I have already sent an email to MB Canada they want my VIN and said they will try to rectify the situation. Lets hope it's to my satisfaction. As for wrong forum YYZ-E55 sorry I just put in 2012 E350, I should have put coupe thanks.
My July build 2012 E350C (U.S. version) was one of the first off the line and also does not have the 6 disc changer, due at that time to the Japanese Tsunami causing parts shortages. Surprised this hasn't been straightened out by now.

My car was called the "Launch Edition," referring to the missing changer and reducing the P2 package price by $400 U.S. So I didn't pay for what I didn't get.

If you really need and want the changer, inquire of the dealer if your package price was reduced to compensate for the single disc player being supplied. If so, perhaps you can offer to pay the difference if and when the changers become available, assuming the dealer can just drop it in and make the necessary software update, if possible. My dealer offered to do that, including reducing the price by the same discount I received off the car's MSRP, plus free installation. However:

At first I didn't like not having the changer. Now, there are so many other music options, including the 10gb Music Register, Sirius (which I never had before and which I have fallen in love with), etc., I don't want to bother with discs anymore! To each his or her own, of course.

Last edited by BenzMan369; 10-22-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Single or multi disc machine is not the point. The point is that NOBODY at MBUSA, MBUSA online or my local dealer said anything. They let me order the 320 Multimedia Package with 6 disc changer on September 3, 2011. JUST LIKE THE EARLY 2012 GLKs on the lot. A month later, quite by accident, I discover the switch on the final build sheet.
Meanwhile, I see that the information started trickling out online last May. Repeated in July. It will cost them more than the $400 difference in MSRP.

Wayne
Steamed in East Texas.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:06 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Dr-Nab
There are no COMAND units with the six-disc changer anymore for any market in the world, in Europe the COMAND units were switched to the COMAND Online/single-disc units back in June/July partly down to the shortage in parts - MB UK have stated that it was down to the tsunami in Japan, a bit harsh as it's a natural disaster that claimed a lot of lives which to me those lives were more valuable than a COMAND system.

Also as a heads-up to anyone who has an order placed right now, a few people are having the surprise of after selecting COMAND as an option the cars are being delivered without it, references left to parts shortages and the invoice amount being reduced by the relative amount of COMAND... so be sure to check up on that from your dealership.

Canadian cars are of a similar spec to the Euro/UK models so it's surprising that they've tried to pass your AMG-spec car off as one that is not... was at my local dealer on Wednesday (the GL had a faulty rear light replaced) and they had several E-Coupes and Cabrios awaiting final preparation and hand over with and without AMG bumpers depending on the model but all with LED DRLs.

If your dealer are willing to sort it for you then keep getting on to them until everything is as it should be, I've had to do that with mine and everything is alright now.
That is simply amazing Nab. Lack of a changer is one thing; no COMAND
nor the far more attractive AMG bumper is quite something else!!

"...keep getting on to them until everything is as it should be..."
Absolutely the right advice!!!

Old 10-21-2011, 02:22 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by venchka
Single or multi disc machine is not the point. The point is that NOBODY at MBUSA, MBUSA online or my local dealer said anything. They let me order the 320 Multimedia Package with 6 disc changer on September 3, 2011. JUST LIKE THE EARLY 2012 GLKs on the lot. A month later, quite by accident, I discover the switch on the final build sheet.
Meanwhile, I see that the information started trickling out online last May. Repeated in July. It will cost them more than the $400 difference in MSRP.

Wayne
Steamed in East Texas.
I certainly understand how you feel.

I only knew in advance about the possibility of not getting a car with a changer because of my involvement with this forum and those on here who from time to time share "insider' knowledge.

So, when I saw that my car was being ordered as a "Launch Edition" vehicle at $400 less MSRP, I knew I wasn't getting some kind of wonderful special edition car at a reduced price!

I do have faith that a truly good dealer will be willing to work with anyone disappointed in his or her car's equipment as delivered, especially if there was no warning in advance. I suppose not all dealers are created equal though.

As was also said previously, you just don't expect this kind of thing to happen with a luxo car, even if the legal-eze allows for it. And it shouldn't go unrectified.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:06 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Get on them...........

Thats what I'm doing. As i posted above I have sent an email to MB Canada and the dealership. The dealership said they would help me but I need to go through MB Canada. The reply from MB Canada was that they were sorry to hear my disappointment and to provide the VIN and dealership that I purchased the car from, which I provided. Now to wait and see.

The package price was not reduced in account of the disc player being single.

.............Just saw a bird poop on my car dammit!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cool

.............Just saw a bird poop on my car dammit!
When it rains, it pours, hey??????????????

Wayne
a Palladium Silver GLK350 one of these days.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'12 E550C, Sierra Denali
I emailed my USA dealer and this was the response:

With the Tsunami… many manufacturers were faced with challenges. People don’t realize that while it’s a German vehicle, we rely on companies like Alpine for parts. I have not had any issues with E-Class vehicles. I will tell you that getting some packages on C-Class vehicles and GLK’s is very challenging right now. Some of the blogs can be a bit dramatic. We were told that the GL’s would come in with a big hole in the dash and our technician would install the headunit here. We never saw that and they all came in with everything as it should be. Think about the alternative though. Can you imagine shutting down an auto plant because the hood emblem guy got behind?  Everyone go home… we just ran out of vanity mirrors. I guess it’s the best way they could keep production close to demand without disrupting the whole chain of distribution. The E-Class cars I see coming are all there! Your vehicle is currently showing Nov 10-20 production slot. I’ll let you know when it goes in and VIN is issued.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 2012 with 2011 DRL's....Very pissed