E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Question for any 2012 E350 owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Question for any 2012 E350 owners

Just bought a new E350 coupe and I'm getting a weird vibration that can be felt through the steering wheel, floor, seats and so on. The dealer has replaced the tires but its still there, it come and goes about every couple of seconds. Has anyone here experienced anything like this? The excitement of the new car is kind of gone to have when you have these kind of issues
Old 12-05-2011, 07:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 E550 Coupe
I know the Pirellis are all rough, especially in sport styled chassis dynamic cars. I had them on my C350 and GLK (at least I didn't get Dunlops). I don't get my E350 till Saturday, but I imagine it's going to be Pirellis again. Some folks got the Michelins and seemed to have faired better for ride quality. How bad is the vibration, like ABS kicking in or long, low vibrations like road vibration?

Originally Posted by prozzi
Just bought a new E350 coupe and I'm getting a weird vibration that can be felt through the steering wheel, floor, seats and so on. The dealer has replaced the tires but its still there, it come and goes about every couple of seconds. Has anyone here experienced anything like this? The excitement of the new car is kind of gone to have when you have these kind of issues
Old 12-05-2011, 08:48 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
The vibration is not something I've felt before, it feels like a vibration that vibrates your whole body, like if I was sitting in a massage chair. It goes weaker then stronger and it's constant like that. The road I was driving on is super smooth and that's when I really feel it. I've owned 2 bme M3's in the last few years and I've never felt anything like this. Thanks

Originally Posted by emdem
I know the Pirellis are all rough, especially in sport styled chassis dynamic cars. I had them on my C350 and GLK (at least I didn't get Dunlops). I don't get my E350 till Saturday, but I imagine it's going to be Pirellis again. Some folks got the Michelins and seemed to have faired better for ride quality. How bad is the vibration, like ABS kicking in or long, low vibrations like road vibration?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:58 PM

2012 E550 Coupe
Issues with the driveshaft / u-joints will cause vibrations like you're describing.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:01 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I have a 2012 E350 Coupe, no vibration issue at all. The car idles and runs smoothly.

May I ask if the vibration of your car occurs when it is idling or in motion? If in motion, at what speeds?

Regards,
Old 12-06-2011, 10:23 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
Only in motion and it starts arouund 40mph and up.

Originally Posted by axhoaxho
I have a 2012 E350 Coupe, no vibration issue at all. The car idles and runs smoothly.

May I ask if the vibration of your car occurs when it is idling or in motion? If in motion, at what speeds?

Regards,
Old 12-06-2011, 11:16 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Mine is smooth as silk in motion at all speeds.

The Pirellis combined with the Appearance Package's stiffer sport suspension do produce a rougher ride on poorly paved roads, but that does not sound like your problem as you describe it.

I assume the dealer has examined the wheels, checked the alignment and also balanced the replacement tires properly, yes?

Sounds like something more serious than that. As 1MB points out, may be drivetrain related.

Urge you to keep after the dealer and get this resolved as quickly as possible under the warranty. I would think they will be able to fix it properly. If not fixed to your satisfaction, arguing for a replacement car would not be out of the question. The vibration you describe is unacceptable.

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:23 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
Thanks, will definitely update the thread if the dealer is able to fix it. I too think it's a bigger issue, they replaced the rims from another e350, balanced and alignment but issue was still there. it's in the shop now just waiting to hear from the dealer, hopefully hear soon had just picked up the vehicle on Saturday

Originally Posted by BenzMan369
Mine is smooth as silk in motion at all speeds.

The Pirellis combined with the Appearance Package's stiffer sport suspension do produce a rougher ride on poorly paved roads, but that does not sound like your problem as you describe it.

I assume the dealer has examined the wheels, checked the alignment and also balanced the replacement tires properly, yes?

Sounds like something more serious than that. As 1MB points out, may be drivetrain related.

Urge you to keep after the dealer and get this resolved as quickly as possible under the warranty. I would think they will be able to fix it properly. If not fixed to your satisfaction, arguing for a replacement car would not be out of the question. The vibration you describe is unacceptable.

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E550 Coupe
If I had to guess I'd guess the torque convertor lockup is malfunctioning either from a faulty solenoid or a manufacturing error in the sprag. This is just a guess but I have seen this in cars from different manufacturers.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:58 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by ronsc1985
If I had to guess I'd guess the torque convertor lockup is malfunctioning either from a faulty solenoid or a manufacturing error in the sprag. This is just a guess but I have seen this in cars from different manufacturers.
Wow. If you're right, you must promise to never leave this forum and to be available at all hours of the day or night as my new On-Line Diagnoser-In-Chief!

That's a really interesting "guess."

Anyway, welcome to the forum. How about a new thread with pix of your car?

Old 12-06-2011, 05:08 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by prozzi
Only in motion and it starts arouund 40mph and up.
Just to make sure, did your dealer help checking the wheel balance and alignment of your car?

It is not uncommon for a brand new car to have its wheel alignment and/or balance off, from being tied down during the long transport.

Personally it had happened to me a couple times. Usually, for new cars, the dealer will check and perform a full wheel alignment and/or balance for free, accordingly.

With best regards,
Old 12-06-2011, 06:18 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Just to make sure, did your dealer help checking the wheel balance and alignment of your car?

It is not uncommon for a brand new car to have its wheel alignment and/or balance off, from being tied down during the long transport.

Personally it had happened to me a couple times. Usually, for new cars, the dealer will check and perform a full wheel alignment and/or balance for free, accordingly.

With best regards,
They said they did an alignment so I hope they did. The vibration I'm getting is pulsating and goes through your whole body, not something I've felt before in a vehicle. I just hope they fix it and I get the vehicle back, if not I'm not looking forward on what to do next
Old 12-06-2011, 06:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 E550 Coupe
Cargo RoRo ships (roll on roll off) don't strap down - a small load would be 6500 cars and would be a nightmare - OTR carriers yes they do... you never want to be the last car on top for that reason...

With best regards,