E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Window tint with minimum or no green hue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E550 coupe
Window tint with minimum or no green hue

Hi, I'm looking to add window tint to my 2012 E550 coupe, black on black. That being said, I have a dislike for enhancing the green glass that is on the car, so I would like to get a film that doesn't enhance the green, but maybe can even downplay it, and show the color of the film (preferably black or maybe blue).

That being said, I don't want the windows too dark (will probably do a 50% tint), and I realize that in itself presents an issue as the tint will be light, so the potential to play up the green hue on the glass probably increases.

Does anybody have a good recommendation for a film that looks good on a E550 that shows up as being more black, or maybe even a blue hue. Again, I don't want the windows to look green, or I at least don't want to enhance the green tint on the glass that is already there.

So, the short version question is, what is the the best film that leans on the side of black or blue, without showing up as green?

thanks in advance!

Chris
Old 03-07-2012, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E550 Cab
I believe tint material with a ceramic substrate will retain a black/grey color as opposed to standard tint materials which sometimes will inpart purple or green color the glass.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2010 E550 coupe
What is the factory standard tint anyway? I wouldn't mind something a little darker but it would be good to know what I'm starting from.