E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2010 E550 Coupe Warranty & Maintenance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550 coupe
2010 E550 Coupe Warranty & Maintenance

I just purchased a 2010 E-Coupe from a buick dealership in January. ( I know i know... but it was way less then anywhere else and it was certified)

The A service warning light came on and currently the car has about 27K miles on it?

How do i know what is covered by the factory warranty (how many miles and years). 48,000 & 4 yr warranty standard? That is transferable right?

I'm about to call the dealership where i purchased the car and complain but they assured me that they can do the oil changes and if it was something more they can take it to Mercedes dealership.

what if the previous owner purchased an extended maintinence package? how can i find out all these details.

How much would an A service cost at a MB Dealership?

Any guidnace is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550 coupe
Update from the dealer

So update.............................i called the local dealership and they stated they did the A service before i drove off the lot which is basically an oil change. he told me to bring the car in and he would reset the warning light.

I am wondering if there is anything else that the A service includes and i'm going to ask if they have proof they did the service.

I would hate that if they state something that didn't really happen and i drive around for another 10,000/20,000 miles and bigger problems arise.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:14 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Welcome to the forum.

Go here and search for your model:

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servic...owners_manuals

You should be able to locate all the information you need, including owner's manual, maintenance schedules and other valuable information you should know. The A service involves more than an oil change, as you will see. Scheduled maintenance charges vary by dealer.

Respectfully suggest you establish a relationship with a reliable Mercedes Benz dealer service department and take your car there for service yourself, rather than going through the Buick dealer. It may cost you more per service, but with these complex vehicles you may save more in grief and expense in the long run.

The MB service department can bring your car up on the computer. They may be able to determine if it has an assumable extended warranty or other transferrable items such as wheels/tires insurance, prepaid MB maintenance package, etc.

MB new vehicle warranty is 48 months or 50,000 miles. Under normal circumstances it is transferrable to a new owner for the balance remaining.

Last edited by BenzMan369; 03-09-2012 at 12:17 PM.