E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Agility Control not sport-tuned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:08 AM
cfp

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Agility Control not sport-tuned

I'm interested in the E350 coupe without the appearance package and haven't found one at local dealers. Anyone have a model and tell the difference between "sport-tuned" and "not sport-tuned" on the coupe?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:44 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Welcome to the forum.

Prior to buying mine, I test drove the 2010 versions of the E350C with and without the sport suspension/appearance package.

In my experience, the sport suspension is significantly stiffer and harder riding. The tires I believe also contribute to this ride quality difference, in that the non-appearance package tires/rims are 17" and the package delivers 18" low profile tires/rims. The package did provide better, sportier handling and more precise steering.

I can't say for sure how the 2012 version without the sport suspension rides and handles. Mine, with the sport suspension, does ride hard on poorly maintained roads. On good roads the ride is steady and serene and the handling is better than any prior car I've owned. Very confidence-inspiring. Some have said the general ride quality can be improved with different tires, but I haven't tried that.

It was a tough decision whether to order my '12 with or without the appearance package because I knew it wouldn't ride as comfortably in many of the road quality situations around here.

In the end, vanity prevailed. I just couldn't see those 17" rims on this body design. I'm glad I got the package. IMO, the AMG 18" rims are far better looking. My '12 also provides even better handling/steering control than the '10 I test drove. But if that's not important to you, the 17" rims and non-sport suspension will probably give you a generally more comfortable ride, with some sacrifice in handling and steering precision.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:21 PM
cfp

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
My suspension is not as accomdating as it used to be. So, I might want something more comfortable but still responsive. I think I just need to test both. Most I see have the appearance package and sport-tuned suspension.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:18 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
I agree, best to test both yourself if possible.

Another consideration is the multicontour front seats included in the package. After making adjustments, I do find them more comfortable than the standard seats. Not a huge difference to me, but noticable. I haven't tried the power ventillation feature in the seats yet. I've read mixed reviews by others as to effectiveness in hot weather.

Please let us know what happens.