E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

LED DRlight Code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 02:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 CLK 320 & 2010 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by timurik
Yes, you can do the conversion if you have a quad light set up. There are several solutions suggested on the forum. One of them is to use a capacitor so that there is no error on the dash. The other one is to go from the side marker and just disconnect the halogen drls. One user said that there will be no error if both of the drls are disconnected. I haven't checked it myself, but I will in about two weeks.
Been trying to look up some info on this but my searching skills must be lacking.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550 coupe
Originally Posted by Dr-Nab
Hey Andreas mate hope you're well. That is a load of **** that MB are telling you.. the lights are a simple fit, straight swap disconnect the old lights and connect up the new ones, to fit you will need to unbolt the front bumper to loosen it up so you can get the old DRL unit out and the new one in, would probably be easier to have the car up on ramps or jacked up with some axle stands underneath to secure the car. Took my dealer about 30 minutes to fit them but they showed me what to do in case I wanted to remove them when I sell the car.
Hey Dr. Nab... Wondering if you could elaborate a little more on the removal. Once you have the car up on stands, are the bolts at the bottom of the bumper to access the lights or do I need to remove the whole bumper? Your help is much appreciated.