E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

212 and 207 exhaust combatibility

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brabus D6S Cabrio, Hartge M5 Touring
212 and 207 exhaust compatibility

Will the rear silencer boxes from a 212 E class saloon fit the 207 coupe/cab?

Im aware the 207 is based on a C class platform which is different and Im sure this has been discussed previously but I cant remember if there was a definative answer and couldn't find the thread.

Reason I ask is Ive been offered a reasonably priced system from an E350 saloon and will take the plunge if it can be made to fit without too much mucking about....I can cope with adapting hangers, etc but if the boxes are in the wrong place or the pipework is the wrong shape/fouls it a no go.

Last edited by Aeroresh; 06-29-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B8.5 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Coupe
I think the rear sections do fit from discussions I've had with the guy who I get exhaust systems from but you may need the pipework cutting and flanging unless you're going to have it cut and welded together.

Is there any real reason why you want the system from an E350 saloon? is it an OEM system which you're after for the trapezoidal tailpipes or is the system you're being offered aftermarket and have different pipes?
Old 06-29-2012, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brabus D6S Cabrio, Hartge M5 Touring
Cheers for the reply

Its a Brabus system but will need to cut the diffuser to accept the twin tails.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B8.5 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Coupe
No problem! go for it then

Only thing with the Brabus system is not the system but the way the mounts are in relation to the Sport bumper, so you will need to modify the mounts. I had a back and forth discussion with Brabus and they weren't willing to modify a system to suit me.

Spoke to Vath, they said the Brabus systems won't fit the Sport models because of the bumper but anything is possible, I think if the price on the exhaust is good, get it bought then mock it up on the car using the oem tailpipes as a reference, I fitted my quads with the help of a friend, took us a couple of hours but was well worth it

Think you may need to cut a section of pipe away and definitely a section of the diffuser in order to make it fit right but there is plenty of room to fit the Brabus system.. there's plenty of room for any system if you've seen the size of the back boxes on these cars!